Sydney International Airport – Surely the (1st) Worlds Worst

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• SimonRowberry
    Participant

Beaujolais Nouveau,

Given that it must be at least a week since your last unnecessary and pointless personal dig at someone, I thought you were going soft. I was getting quite worried.

Thanks for not disappointing me.

Simon

MarcusUK
    Participant

And VK seems only to have a very tunnelled vision, & little experience in other parts of the world.
    Always sounds like a very sad & angry individual, childish attitudes not to have an adult discussion for anyone that might hold an alternative opinion.
    Flying 50 flights a year with 12 World wide carriers, & world wide journeys, & not having such personality traits, I am extremely content.

HBHLondon
    Participant

Does one have to clear customs and immigration if in transit at Sydney from international to international, as one has to in the US and New Zealand? I am travelling from Singapore to Auckland with a change of plane and airline at Sydney. I have only two hours to make the transfer. I will check baggage all the way to AKL. The last time I flew into pleasant but then inefficient Sydney airport it took me 90 minutes in a queue to get through immigration.

BABenji
    Participant

International transit passengers at Sydney are not required to clear immigration. There are signs to international transfer when you disembark the plane. Just follow them. Your bags will be checked through.

Landed at SYD this morning. Cleared immigration, collected luggage and quarantine/customs in a little over 20mins, which is unheard of during all my visits to Oz. I’ve waited half an hour for my luggage alone, before now.

HBHLondon
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls