Switzerland restrictions

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

What I find strange is that Switzerland went from one of the most relaxed destinations for arrivals only a week ago and has now gone from zero to possibly the most strict with quarantine (for these countries) for 10 days.

Note Canada was added to the list yesterday so I am expecting that USA will be added shortly.

All this resulted in me cancelling a trans atlantic trip for next week since I was routing through LHR and was not prepared to do the 10 day quarantine on my return (over Xmas)

Thankfully BA cancelled my Zrh to LHR flight and I was able to get a full refund rather than ANOTHER future travel voucher for a few thousand Euro.

Jaygi
    Participant

Update: As of Saturday December 4th travel is once again possible without quarantine.

If the departure has taken place from a country of concern (https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/liste.html) a PCR test will have to be conducted before departure and between day 4 – 7 upon arrival, paid for by the traveller.

SwissExPat
    Participant

@Jaygi

Yes, I just saw this on Local news. Strange to have such a speedy turn around !!!

Swissdiver
    Participant

[postquote quote=1127769]

It is not strange. The initial decision has been taken before a week-end. Then an admin added countries… Now we have Omicron in Switzerland, 10 days quarantine is a non sense.

Double PCR it is therefore (or PCR and antigen).

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Now here’s the really crazy thing. Arrive in Malpensa, and either take the train / car or taxi over the border and no-one asks for anything. In fact, unless taking the highway, the borders are rarely manned. It’s a situation that really doesn’t make sense!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

For those who haven’t see the whole advice, it is now as followsfrom the Swiss Tourist Board)

Last Friday, the Swiss Federal Council announced just that the quarantine regulations have been lifted. All countries were removed from the quarantine list as of last Saturday.
    This means as of Saturday, 4 December 2021, entry into Switzerland is now possible without any quarantine requirement. Instead, a stricter testing regime is in place.
    Vaccinated and recovered travellers have to present a negative PCR test before entry. Furthermore, they have to carry out a second test (PCR or rapid antigen) between day 4 and day 7. The test results need to be reported to the Cantonal authorities.
    Every traveller must continue to complete an entry form with their contact details (Swiss PLF). This can be done online or on paper. The testing requirement applies to all arrivals aged 16 or over. The travellers must pay for all tests.
    Further details can be found in the media release from the Swiss Federal Council here, and on the website of the Federal Department of Public Health here.
    Please note, travellers from countries that are currently on the “emergency brake countries and regions” list of the State Secretariat for Migration are not permitted to enter Switzerland. You can find this list here (the UK is not on this list).

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Why, when posts on this topic are said to have been made on 21-August-2022, are there no comments given that are later than 1-December-2021 ????

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1229570]

I think you will find that the last message was spam.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls