SWISS v LH Longhaul – Advice Please

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I was intrigued by your comments Flyingcanadian that your son has Gold status. I fly with my kids, 7 & 10, quite often and they have Silver status. I was wondering if you find that sometimes they do not want to allow your child access to the lounge?

This has happened to me when I have been traveling F with my wife and the kids are in C or Y. I can take a guest in with me and we park the (well behaved) kids in the Business Lounge. On two occasions (never at ZRH or FRA I should add) they have not allowed the kids into the lounge or allowed them to sit with us.

As you also fly a lot with a child it would be interesting to hear your comments? Does anyone else know if airlines have a lounge access policy for kids traveling alone?

flyingcanadian
    Participant

Hi LuganoPirate,
    My son has never been refused to any lounge, which includes all the F class lounges. He wears a hand-made 3 pce suit, shirt and tie,(From Thailand), and looks like a little Businessman. As we walk through the terminal, pax stop to shake his hand. In his own right, he has his SE*A Gold and PPS Gold. I think that if your children get their gold, you might find a different attitude.This month we joined Gold with Emirates by flying to the Far East with them.Good Luck LuganoPirate!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Flying. I never have a problem when he is with me and we go to the lounge together. It’s when they enter in their own right by themselves that they have been refused entry on the two occasions.

Happy travels and I’ll look out for you and your son.

444taylor444
    Participant

Hello Flyingfox,

I am just wondering if I could ask some advice. I am going on C class SYD – Hong Kong – Zurich. I will be travelling with a companion and am just wondering if you have had experience with the new C class seat from Hong Kong to Zurich. I am deciding between row 6 DG or row 9/11AB. I normally would like a window seat but if there is a lot of room in front of row 6 (first row in the second lot of C class) I could give up my window seat. Thanks!

r ryan
    Participant

hello 444taylor
    so far i have only travelled in 4 or 5 in the new arrangement – haven’t had a look closely at 6, which used to be my favourite with the old wedgie seats.

what i can tell you is that the AB seats are closer together than the DGs. DG have a ‘sidetable’ each, where AB share a much smaller space between the seats. Therefore there is a bit of floor space in front of your sidetable to park stuff.Have travelled in AB with a colleague, despite having the window there’s not a lot of room for bits and bobs. 4DG have a full length magazine rack thing in front of them built into the divider to first class – very handy storage. I haven’t yet checked out if row 6 has this also – maybe another BT reader can advise?

the single seats – all the K’s and alternating A’s are very spacious

sorry i can’t be more helpful!

444taylor444
    Participant

Thanks for your help!

flyingcanadian
    Participant

From a hot & Sunny Australia, may my son & I wish all contributors to this subject, a Very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous & Healthy New Year! We are on our travels again using SA carriers. However, BA has its sale yet again(!!), and PLEASE I need advice. FIRST CLASS on which aircraft please? We have a FC return to PVG/PEK for £4000 in Feb. Choice of 747 or 777. Also a chance to use the EXCLUSIVE lounge at T5.
    May we wish you all Happy & Safe travel in 2011!

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls