Swiss Today – Perhaps the Perfect Short-Haul Flight….

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• KeaneJohn
    Participant

Well I have flown my PRG-ZRH-LCY sectors now.. I have to say that Swiss still get a thumbs up from me.

The Helvetic Airways codeshare flight to Zurich was OK. A poor offering food wise (compared to Swiss operated flights), but helpful and attentive crew who were clearly stressed by a large party of Swiss people that had spent the weekend in Prague. Crystal Lounge for *A Gold and Business Class one of the best around. Wide choice of refreshments, free wifi and comfortable seating areas. Personally came to tell me of a 40 minute flight delay. Glad that I had allowed 2h25 mins between flights at ZRH as opposed to 65 as didn’t want to rush through again like I did on my outbound journey.

Had a look at other LX lounges at ZRH and was disappointed to find that their long bar was a smokers bar..

No business class security lines at B gates so despite going to line 20 mins before flight I was the last to board and was taken to aircraft by minibus.

Same meal as on my ZRH-PRG sector which was delicious an again an attentive crew.

Here is probably the best bit… landed 15 minutes early. On the DLR within 7 minutes of touchdown and this is including reclaiming luggage. Walked in the front door 28 minutes after landing thanks to a DLR and bus turning up within 1 minute.

Have since flown LCY-FRA(-DXB) with LH and the LH flight from LCY did not even come on a par.

Travelrecord
    Participant

John

Very many thanks. I fly out Friday week a great to know I only have a 30 min journey like yourself.

One final question. What was the business class layout of seats was it 2 and three and is the middle seat kept free on the ZHR – PRG legs?

Clive.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Clive

Yes it was 2 and a 3 with the middle kept free.. that said there were 6 pax spread over 5 rows so I had a window seat.. perfect for the view over Thamesmead(!) landing.

I must say I was disappointed with the experience flying out. Check in was OK, though they were only going to tag my bags to FRA (not DXB) even though I was on one through ticket. They had gates to read the bar code on your boarding pass to get to security. This was a farce. 3 gates, each manned and each person taking up to 5 attempts to get boarding card to scan. Surely it would just be better to have one person checking boarding passes and scanning them like they do in most other places. LH service not as good as LX either.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls