Swiss Senator Lounge at Geneva

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• DavidGordon10
    Participant

This is quite a pleasant lounge, crowded at times, but –

Arriving in the lounge at about 18.30 on two recent occasions, there was almost no catering. There used to be two hot dishes (one vegetarian) as well as soup, sandwiches, some desserts and so on. The hot dishes are running out in the late afternoon. On Thursday 8 March, there was only pasta but with no sauce – dry! Eventually some other pasta with a little curry sauce was found.

The sandwiches used to be quite good filled rolls, and are now thin dried-out dark bread sandwiches only. At least the chocolate cake seems to have survived.

There are plenty of Swiss and other Star Alliance flights in the evening, and this new failure of the catering is not acceptable. The (always charming) staff at the lounge reception seem to agree.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I am afraid Swiss became a mere Lufthansa copy, unfortunately. There are a few exceptions (I had a couple of decent flights to RAK on the new CS300). But lounge-wise, it is indeed appalling.

Sanran
    Participant

After seeing the new first class lounge at ZRH main terminal, I have very good hopes the senator one will be to another level compared to geneva’s one. In my humble opinion GVA is often the problem, not LX: that airport is just too small for its traffic and too often overcrowded. Food and beverages are provided mainly by Canonica, who does usually a great job, but cannot face last minute needs late in the afternoon, because all the infrastructures around the airport are too small as well, especially on mch 8th, with the amount of private jets in need of fancy catering waiting after the first day of the motor show.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

They are also redoing the Zurich Senator lounge where the food and beverage offering was always very good. I hope that doesn’t chnage.

Maaki
    Participant

Geneva is mostly a quite unfriendly and very oftern odd area for SEN.

In contrast, ZRH has a real great SEN Lounge in the international terminal and I am keen to see the newly renovated SEN Lounge in the main terminal (I think it took them a loong time, to refurbish it). I´m confident, that the new ZRH lounge will not be on the same “level” like LH. In general, SWISS is much (much) better than LH (especially their BC as well as the overall service).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls