Swiss selling Business Class seats and delivers Economy service

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

mikeswiss
    Participant

I booked a full fare business class ticket to fly from CDG to ZRH. I chose to pay CHF 1331 for this short return trip in order to have some space on the plane to read and work. I was stunned that the middle seat was occupied by a rather large gentleman.

I am under the impression that in business class, the middle seat is left empty, as is the case with all European carriers. After inquiring why the middle seat was sold, I noticed that a Swiss crew on their way home took up a whole row in business class, therefore, the remaining passengers were squeezed into the economy style seating.

globetraveller360
    Participant

Im affraid to say not all euro carriers block of the middle seat in business class. If in future you do travel in business then may i suggest using Lufthansa as there seating will have the middle seat blocked off for your comfort.

BAGoldcard
    Participant

Although controversial and well documented here, British Airways also now offer Club Europe with the middle seat free, in addition to better catering (especially on the longer routes).

Not helpful between Paris and Zurich I admit, however!

KSHaggag
    Participant

You must have been very unlucky to have encountered such standard of service on Swiss in business class .

In my opinion,Swiss offers the highest standards of service on board on short flights within Europe in terms of comfort ,cabin ambience ,professionalism and friendliness of cabin crew as well as punctuality …it is simply a product ahead of the competition …head and shoulders above the pack !….

You also ought to surf the Swiss website for great great great deals in Business class notably on european flights ..the Swiss business upgrade concept for tickets starting in Switzerland is the best deal you can ever think about for business class travel in Europe …..,.try it !!!…

Enjoy Swiss on your next flights !

cityprofessional
    Participant

@KSHaggag

Never mind the nice service and great deals, on 3 of my last 6 Swiss flights, middle seats in business class have been occupied. It’s a uniquely uncomfortable and unpleasant experience for C class in Europe, and the primary reason for this is overbooking in Y – I’ve also regularly gotten bumped out of my pre-booked seat (and windows swapped for aisles, etc) because the curtain has been moved forward

This seating policy significantly dilutes the benefits and devalues the experience of paying a C class premium – working on a laptop is simply out of the question when you’re squeezed 3 to a row on an RJ – I always assumed that was the point of C class on the LCY-ZRH banker shuttle?

kukuruza
    Blocked

I am not surprised absolutely your history. I when flied the first class, to me have placed the person badly smelling and in general I thought I will become crazy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls