swiss sale?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

stevescoots
    Participant

I just bagged LHR-HKG jan-Feb full flex business for 1800 notes, never seen swiss that cheap before on this routing but no advertised sale. Anyway its years since i used Swiss for any travel so looking fowrad to trying.

competition is good but my tier status is taking a hammering, on LHR to eith HKG or CAN in the past month and thru to feb I am using 4 diffrent lines to get best costs! QR, BA, KLM, and now swiss

SwissExPat
    Participant

If you have Miles and More points, try to uprade to First on the Leg to HK.

Ive done this before and is good value use of Miles and More points.

Rgds

Senator
    Participant

stevescoots,

There was a one day “Flash” sale across the Star North American Joint Venture yesterday to the US and Canada. Additionally, Swiss/Austrian/Lufthansa offered fares across their network.

Swiss has a standard price from London to Hong Kong starting from GBP 1,957.

Senator
    Participant

SwissExPat,

I am sorry to say, but I disagree.
    Europe to Hong Kong on Miles & More cost
    135,000 miles in Business
    210,000 miles in First
    http://www.miles-and-more.com/mediapool/pdf/19/media_1205043619.pdf

An upgrade from discounted business fares to Hong Kong costs 85,000 miles in booking classes “P” and “Z”:
    http://www.miles-and-more.com/mediapool/pdf/04/media_1289207104.pdf

Given that you now earn 150% and not 200% on the “Z” fares it is really poor value.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Is it possible to upgrade on star with miles at point of booking or is it still necerssary to apply.

I have tried using my miles and more points on LH but been told I need to book then apply for upgrade…..

Senator
    Participant

MartynSinclair,

You need to have a confirmed booking. If you are planning to use your Miles & More miles on carriers outside of the Core members, please pay close attention to the requirements posted on the web site. It is only possible in the highest booking classes, typically “B” and “Y” for economy and “D”, “C”, and “J” for business.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

If you book thought the Senator service centre they will tell you if there’s availability and do it all for you at the same time. I’ve just done this on one of my tickets to JNB.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls