Swiss Miss bad timing……

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• norbert2008
    Participant

Further to my post about Swiss LHR BKK, this is just the worst bit of return. Review to follow (brilliant BKK ZUR flight) My flight landed after 11 hours perfectly on time from BBK and at gate E. 5 mins from touch down to stand. Then D gates for London flight, through more security, ok, but forgot duty-free, then delay of 30 mins due to an incoming flight delay, then 45 then, an hour, dreadful back of beyond lounge at D gate. So we are almost closed so cannot be bothered to keep it stocked with wine or anything really and In Senator too. Most of all the Swiss European flights delayed too (why?). Junior check-in staff told me Swiss would pay a taxi to Norfolk £300. Let’s see?)

Well finally on board 1.5 hours late very busy flight so long boarding too! A312. Many transits from BKK flight. Pilot announcement as follows…’ As we are now in the holiday season, this caused a late incoming flight, and was delayed (no sorry)!’ What no spare planes Swiss? The crew told me they had a plane but the crew would not fly it? WHY?

And all the other delayed European flights? So Vueling are so bad they are 25 mins late? I just caught the last Heathrow express.

So sad my review about interlining through Europe it’s easy, it’s not. 24 hours awake until bed in London.

TominScotland
    Participant

norbert2008, my sincere sympathies for your 90 minute delay. It must have been really dreadful, especially after a long-haul.

If all of us posted after every relatively short delay, the Forum would be overwhelmed. Short delays happen, I am sure Swiss are no worse than most major airlines.

4 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=949388]norbert2008, my sincere sympathies for your 90 minute delay. It must have been really dreadful, especially after a long-haul.

If all of us posted after every relatively short delay, the Forum would be overwhelmed. Short delays happen, I am sure Swiss are no worse than most major airlines.[/quote]

Thank you for the translation. I was struggling a bit.

Do airlines really have “spare planes” sitting around these days?

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

Talk about first world problems!
    A bit of perspective needed here.
    I am always amazed when I travel how rare it is to have a significant delay.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Johnnyg
    Participant

Do airlines really have “spare planes” sitting around these days?

Yes, they are called B737 Max !!!!!!

7 users thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Yes, delays are a nuisance but certainly not the end of the world. And you still got home ok. As to the Senator Lounge in D, yes, it’s a 5 – 10 minute walk to the gates and from where the London flights go no more than a 6 minute walk from the lounge. The Business lounge is just next door, you could have popped in there, and in fact I often do, as the goodies are sometimes more to my liking than that found in the Senator lounge.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls