Swiss Looking at 747-800 – Which routes would they fly to?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello Alex,

I am astonished LX opted for the 777-300ER ,making it the first time in many many years that Swiss /Swissair flies a Boeing aircraft on its longhaul routes …would the A350 not be ready before 2016 ?..harmonization of the fleet has always been the main feature of the LX operations ,moreover Mother Lufthansa is not operating any Boeing on the longhaul ..is this a revolutionary approach to diversify the fleet ?..I am hopeful the concept of Premium Economy will be embraced by LH,LX,OS ,etc as so far Star is the only alliance lagging in this arena and such a product has been gaining sweeping popularity among cost conscious and value-for-money seekers .

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thanks Senator for the video !….the most beautiful bird in the sky is a Swiss aircraft gliding elegantly above the clouds!…be it an Airbus or a Boeing ,it is a Swiss aircraft !……….beautiful from outside and more importantly from inside !………cannot wait to sample it .I presume by 2016 ,Swiss will be busy relaunching a new Business ,First and maybe Premium Eco product …just want to see LX spanning its wings more across the planet ..The good old Swissair was rivalling Air France and Sabena in French speaking Africa very aggressively ;now with Swiss covering only JNB,NBO,DAR and CAI is rather sad ..none in Afrique Francophone…come on LX !..

LetsFlyNow
    Participant

@KSHaggag

‘Mother’ Lufthansa operates B747-4 and was the launch customer for B747-8i. These aircraft are on long haul routes.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello LetsFlyNow ,

Yep…..I just skipped to say with the exception of the 747-400 and the 747-800 ..My aim was to say that LH and LX are operating predominantly an Airbus fleet on the longhaul operations ,notably the A333,343,346 which are the backbone of both carriers longhaul fleet .

MarkivJ
    Participant

Swiss need to increase their presence in India as well.

MarkivJ
    Participant

Swiss need to increase their presence in India as well.

KSHaggag
    Participant

The Swiss brand is an icon for quality ,trust and reliability and wherever Swiss will land the demand will be stimulated ..Yep BOM and DEL only are just (old fashio) destinaions nowadays …I mean growing Bangalore ( Bengaluru ) ,Chennai ,among others are indeed potential spots .Resuming SIN soon is a good step though competing with SQ s A380 on that lucrative leg ..good luck,LX !

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls