Swiss, BKK – LHR Business Class Review

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• norbert2008
    Participant

I was departing Monday morning and allowed plenty of time for my taxi from Saltorn to the airport 08.55 and having checked check-in opens at 10.00am. My driver took great pleasure in telling me his route was much quicker, past the docks rout and we arrived at just after 9.30. I thought i would have to wait in line for 30 mins but HON Circle and First Class was manned by a Trainee who had never checked anyone in before. I had checked in online but had a bag to drop. Online check-in was fine but kept changing firstly, it was full with no vacant seats, then later one isle in row 8 was free. I changed to that from window 12a. I asked if there was a thrown seat available not perhaps what she was expecting but her boss was sitting 5 desks down. 14a thrown seat was allocated. I thanked her and wished her luck, then thanked her boss and said the trainee had done a wonderful job. Fast track was quick as ever and through to Singapour lounge by 10.00 am. A great selection of hot and cold food, drinks, etc and the lounge was not busy at all. After catching up on emails and reading the paper I had a walk to the Eva lounge as I passed the Turkish Lounge made a short visit, empty, very poor hot food selection. I had remembered Eva often has UK newspapers and good food selection so I spent the remainder of time happily there, it’s busy at this time as Eva, LHR departs at lunchtime too. Nice walk past D to C gates on the lounge floor rather than the busy departure level.

Boarding was very ordered and I was directed to the empty First walkway, I walked through First and the smaller business cabin reserved for HON circle to my seat halfway back of the main business cabin. Very friendly Thai (one of two) crew on my side took my jacket and tie (maybe the only person not staff in the airport wearing a tie) Swiss us wooden hangers with your seat number printed on them (nice touch). The seat as described before is bigger than first in width and perfect for single travellers (not sure I would pay £200) but they become free at check-in I noticed there were 4 free and the cabin only 70% full! What happened to the full cabin? Economy passengers had to pass through but still crew able to provide champagne (Duval-Leroy Brut), amenenities boxes and menus. (All plastics are collected by the crew for recyling) All aboard doors armed and cross-checked. Then disarm doors. The dread, Captain said they were missing catering but would only be 5 minuets, then catering truck had broken down! But crew and trolleys soon passed me and the Captain said he had cut the travel time to make up.

Short taxi to the runway and off. Drinks trolleys very qucikly arrived and other crew handed out nuts and took main course orders. They worked both sides at once helping one side when they became free. On return, they topped up drinks as they passed. This is a long day flight so I was expecting a slow lunch, tablecloths arrived, full trolley arrived very quickly, I was asked which starter (choice of duck breast or smoked salmon) this was plated, with a very nice mixed salad, a choice of 4 dressings! I had seen in reviews cheese often is plated on the tray too but not this time, bread offered (not warm), which would have helped. The size of the salmon was perfect for me, more wine offed I stuck to lovely Swiss white (Chateau de Montagny Grand cru). Starter plates cleared and mains arrived served off a tray, my beef stroganoff was so tasty and perfectly cooked vegetable gratin, I choose a very nice red (Chateau Poitevin Cru Bourgeois) to go with that. I was offered a tasting of two out of the tree. The cheese course was then presented off a tray on a slate, blue, two swiss, bread and biscuits with more Swiss butter. I took a 10-year-old Porto Tawny port. I passed on the black choc cake pudding but excepted two Swiss chocs from a box.

I have to say the IFE was not as current as I expected but I found films from the last year to happily watch. Crews handed out water and like some airline, I did not expect to see them for some time, I was wrong, with out disturbing anyone they offered, more drinks. A snack selection was set up in two areas of the galley including more swiss chocs. I was total not expecting a service of two sandwich opptions during my films, I tried not to sleep to much ( a bit of a mistake as it happened). I snoozed rather than slept. About an two hours before landing the second meal was offered to those wanting it then, I choose a delightful vegetable quiche, light pastry, side of mushrooms and a small fresh fruit dish. I chatted to some of the crew including the Head of Cabin. Economy was very full but notice on my strole that they had put out a range of sandwiches and treats in the galley too. Swiss will really benifit from the new prem cabin in 2021.

We landed ON TIME perfectly at 19.35, shortest taxi to gate and off into delayed LHR flight, I note all the comments from that post but I had been awake by then for mostly 23 hours, yes delays happen but Swiss were so kind on my conecting flight, addressed by name and went home with half a basket of Swiss chocs. Lets remeber this flight was almost £500 cheaper than any other busness class ticket on this route. Swiss I hope to see you all soon. Thank you.

3 users thanked author for this post.

norbert2008
    Participant

Oh, ice cream was also offered during film time. i was also offered extra or try the other starter too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls