Swiss B777-300ER

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

JohnHarper
    Participant

Nice to see Swiss taking delivery of new long haul aircraft, their A340s are certainly getting a bit long in the tooth.

From the pics F looks to be the same as the current LH F product complete with the sound proof door at the rear of the cabin, certainly on LH aircraft these make a huge difference but I wonder why no one has yet installed them between C & Y as in my experience at least the majority of noise arises from Y.

It’s a shame they have put coffins in C, it’s a seat I avoid at all costs as it’s claustrophobic and in the flat position I find it impossible to move either my knees or feet due to the lack of space, it’s not particularly comfortable upright either being hard and in many cases having two very high arm rests. My retired rugby player build does not fit well with it. I prefer a recliner to a coffin on any sort of schedule.

FWIW and at the risk of upsetting the liberals among us BA coffins are even worse, my shoulders do not fit in the space to allow me to lie on my back.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

From what I gather, the business class is the same business class and the First has been lightly reconfigured, but I’m waiting to go onboard now so will know better in a bit.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Can’t wait to try this aircraft though I’ll miss the 340’s. I’ve flown them so often it’s like a second bedroom for me. The 340 has an excellent safety record to boot and I don’t think there have ever been any fatalities.

I look forward to your review Site Administrator.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you.

The review of the flight will be a few months – perhaps New York if in March, or to somewhere else if later.

Today I went on board and chatted with the CEO, CCO and Head of Product Development so I will add those comments to the piece (tomorrow, I hope). It’s an impressively designed interior, recognisably Swiss and so keeps the product consistency with the A330 fleet but with improvements. Of course if you are flying economy, it’s 10-across, but that’s becoming increasingly common….

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentlemen ,

So far there have been ONLY three carriers that make my heart beat with their innovation,creativity and style : LX ,SQ,CX ………carriers I would go out of my way to fly !
    I am all excited to read SiteAdministrator s report soon !
    Back to JohnHarper s comments that I understand fully ( because I am also claustrophobic ) : I still prefer the more spacious ,open designs that very few carriers are nowadays adopting ( SQ ,KL 747-400 ,etc..) .

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I believe they started in service Mar 1st. Has anyone flown with them yet or booked a flight?

They’ve also come out with a limited edition, 777 pieces, Breitling watch. I’m so tempted but it’s only for sale on the 777 and I’m not flying it anytime soon!

RaveAroundTheWorld
    Participant

I m off to Honkers later this year and believe they are deploying the new triple 7 s on that route. Looking forward!

-Rave

AMcWhirter
    Participant

RaveAroundTheWorld – Depends on whether you’re booked in premium or economy class. The latter is 3-4-3.

RaveAroundTheWorld
    Participant

It will be Business. Indeed 10 across for 12 hours is not something anybody should look forward to….
    -Rave

AMcWhirter
    Participant

RaveAroundTheWorld – That’s good to hear. I wish you a pleasant flight !

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve been on the plane and seen the layout though I’ve yet to fly on it. It’s really fabulous and the cabin is configured 1-2-2. The seats looked wider and nicer than the old ones but I didn’t get to sit in one.

If you’ve Senator status you can sit in the small cosy cabin directly behind First.

Enjoy the flight and here’s some detail.

https://www.swiss.com/in/EN/fly/fleet/boeing

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Did you find the seat was wider than on the A340 Tom? It looked bigger to me but as I said I didn’t get to try it.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I never had the chance to fly the old business class seat so I couldn’t say, really – there are figures which suggest it is but without having experienced it, it’s difficult to say

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls