Surviving Coach

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

• Miller
    Participant

Excellent list of tips for surviving coach in the July/Aug 2017 A/P edition of BT.

Two comments, first, having enjoyed the very front of planes I admit to loving the very back row too. While the back of the bus may be a bit noisier, if you don’t have to disembark quickly and are happy to engage and enjoy, the last row is close to the galley, where I always find the flight attendants are happier and quicker to serve, plus you can usually help yourself.

Second, for reading material, before boarding I ALWAYS, on every continent, find the latest copy of BT magazine in the lounge to take on board and read.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I thought only the underclasses and people being deported flew in coach class? 😉

canucklad
    Participant

I find the continual bleating of the goats, and the occasional nibbling at your toes very disruptive to my sleep pattern.
    And just as you manage to snooze off some inconsiderate fellow passenger opens a blind to view the sunrise, and whoa and behold the roosters start their cock-a doodle-doing –very annoying!!

You folks that live on the other side of the curtain have no real sense of living in the real world.

Did I mention the bare footed street urchins?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

All I can say is that someone lacks a sense of humour for reporting my comment, which was suffixed with an emoticon making it was quite clearly a joke.

On the other hand, scientists inform us that having a sense of humour is often an indicator of intelligence, so I rest my case.

RogerJorG
    Participant

[quote quote=818718]All I can say is that someone lacks a sense of humour for reporting my comment, which was suffixed with an emoticon making it was quite clearly a joke.

On the other hand, scientists inform us that having a sense of humour is often an indicator of intelligence, so I rest my case.

The same as sitting in W and pretending to be in Club/business ?

[/quote]

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Sorry, I don’t get that comment – could you explain?

Intheair
    Blocked

RogerJorG

Spot on!??

Intheair
    Blocked

FDOS

Everyone else did

⚜️

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Why, because I do most of my flying in Y and made a tongue in cheek joke with me as the subject? By the way, I don’t really have my tongue in my cheek, it’s known as irony.

If it was an attempt at a joke, it backfired.

capetonianm
    Participant

I find the ‘back of the bus’ to be the least desirable part of the miserY class cabin. It is subject to more motion in flight, is sometimes noisier, and there is constant movement of people to and from the galleys and toilets, making it the least relaxing area of the aircraft. Also very often on some aircraft where the fuselage narrows and there are two seats instead of three, there is large gap between the window seat and the side of the plane, so there is nothing to lean against except the passenger next to you, which may be good or bad!

I also remember in the bad old days when people could smoke on aircraft, they all seemed to congregate at the back to exhale their foul smelling poisonous fumes.

capetonianm
    Participant

Surely those people aren’t allowed to travel on the same aircraft are they? What happened to Apartheid?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

For the avoidance of doubt, I’ve just flagged up Intheair’s post.

Now that is a racist post – it specifies nationality in a derogatory manner.

If you are a lawyer, Intheair, which I very much doubt, then shame on you for such an intemperate remark.

Intheair
    Blocked

FDOS

It’s called irony – and also giving back what someone gives out.

And yes, I am, although that is irrelevant to the discussion. Racism is racism.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=818916]FDOS

It’s called irony – and also giving back what someone gives out.

And yes, I am, although that is irrelevant to the discussion. Racism is racism.

[/quote]

Yes it is and you have made a racist statement, therefore you are one.

Edski777
    Participant

My humble guess is that some people have some difficulty understanding and appreciating each others kind of hunour. No need to get nasty gentlemen!
    It’s almost weekend, relax.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls