Survey Business Travelers

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

• Louise Uyttenbroeck
    Participant

Dear, I’m Louise Uyttenbroeck, a second master student in Product Development at the University of Antwerp. For my master thesis I am looking for information about the experience of business travelers. You would be of great help to me by completing this survey. Thanks in advance!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc0hB-nItbyp32HOvGehEmjmRXEvZ_XC4LqrFKST3BVsrA1Yw/viewform

GivingupBA
    Participant

Done, good luck with your work

1 user thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Done as well.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

done and good luck.

K1ngston
    Participant

Done also good luck

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Done. I was intrigued by the “Do you unpack your bag” question?
    I’d be interested to know the relevance of that?

For others who may wish to know, yes, every-time! 😉

Louise Uyttenbroeck
    Participant

Thank you so much for completing the survey 🙂
    I’m thinking about maybe designing a modular/ convertible carry on luggage with multiple purposes/ ways to carry it.
    I put this question to see if there is a possibility for something like that. (If most participants unpack their suitcase, it could get a second function: It could be a bag that can be used for traveling, but also for bringing to meetings, courses, etc. when the user is at the destination)

Swissdiver
    Participant

Done. I was intrigued by the “Do you unpack your bag” question?
    I’d be interested to know the relevance of that?

For others who may wish to know, yes, every-time! 😉

The issue with this question was a missing halfway answer! I unpack what has to be hanged (this includes my toiletry bag), but not the rest.

Louise Uyttenbroeck
    Participant

Thanks for the insights!

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Done. Good luck.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thank you so much for completing the survey 🙂
    I’m thinking about maybe designing a modular/ convertible carry on luggage with multiple purposes/ ways to carry it.
    I put this question to see if there is a possibility for something like that. (If most participants unpack their suitcase, it could get a second function: It could be a bag that can be used for traveling, but also for bringing to meetings, courses, etc. when the user is at the destination)

Thanks. Although I hardly use it anymore, I had a briefcase that did just that. It was in two parts. A regular slim briefcase, with a slightly larger (and expandable) second part that was joined by two small brackets in the back and a strap that clipped on the front. Overall it was no larger that today’s carry on in width and depth, though a bit shorter in the length, would fit in the locker or under the seat. When I reached my hotel, I’d just unclip it and go off to my meetings with the briefcase.

Louise Uyttenbroeck
    Participant

That’s really interesting, thank you! Can i ask why you don’t really use it anymore?

Swissdiver
    Participant

That’s really interesting, thank you! Can i ask why you don’t really use it anymore?

I will let LP answer of course. But as a follow-up comment, I think it is important to note that the height of the business traveller matters when it comes to luggage. I am rather tall. It means that my suits do not feet in a carry-on unless it is a large garnement bag (i.e. too large for the cabin). In addition the latter has no wheel and doesn’t allow to pack everything (shoes notably). Bottom line: a tall passenger will more often check-in a piece of luggage than a smaller one…

DiamondDad68
    Participant

Done. Please come back to the forum with your final design

2 users thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry for the delay in replying Louise. No real reason, I’d mostly use it for short, 1 or 2 overnight trips, but I hardly do those anymore. I use to use it for trips up to a week where I didn’t need a suit. It easily contained a complete change of clothes with 2 shirts and a pair of swimming shorts, where I’d wear a blazer and Timberlands, so didn’t need to pack an extra pair of shoes. I’d then use the hotel’s laundry service on a daily basis.

Hope this helps?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller November 2021 edition
Business Traveller November 2021 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls