Surprisingly Few People Will Miss bmi

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

• CXDiamond
    Participant

Oh, I agree, the whole thing was an exercise in how not to treat people, LH really did get it wrong.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

I agree, LH behavior over BMI GC holders was almost spiteful, and certainly a disaster in PR. Why not do something to keep us in the Star Alliance? BA and One World is much less use for those of us who go East more than we go West or South. The treatment from LH makes us more likely to use Sky Team than Star Alliance for places like former USSR.

My first outing with the new BA gold card this week – LHR-PRG, pleasant enough service on board and an excellent lounge at LHR: but a two hour delay on return was a downer.

canucklad
    Participant

At least Air Canada jumped at the opportunity to protect it’s UK patronage !

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Did they? One of my last flights bearing my DC Gold Card number was one of Air Canada’s longest, Toronto – Beijing. But they haven’t rushed to give me an AC Gold Card…..

canucklad
    Participant

gordoncph….You need to scan your card and sent it to status match part on the AC website…not recieved my aeroplan card yet..but will be tempted to keeping using AC rather than Ba on flights home to YVR

Papillion53
    Participant

Speedbirdabz- you are so right about the lack of service from Servisair at ABZ. It used to be so good but these days they couldn’t care less. We’ve has luggage “left behind” at LHR and only found out when said luggage failed to appear on the carousel, trooped off to the Servisair “help” desk along with a few others, funnily (or not depending on your sense of humour!) all long haul BA premium cabin bags (in our case CW)! Servisair couldn’t have cared less and their attitude was “we think it will be on a flight tomorrow morning, but we don’t know.” Gave us a phone number to call the next day, surprise, surprise, no answer! Luggage finally turned up next day late.

I think also we were amongst the first to turn up on the day that Volcano started blowing its ash around, and hadn’t heard anything on the radio enroute to ABZ, so turned up at 0530 only to be practically laughed at by the Servisair lot ” well you hahaha won’t be going hahahahaha anywhere to day hahahaha!”. Laughing was the last thing we felt like doing!

Last week was particularly bad weather wise up here with lots of fog affecting fixed wing and the offshore helicopters, frustration all round, but I’m sure SpeedbirdABZ all the hotels were booming! 😉 🙂

So as one who used to take clients on familiarisation trips to Scotland with the old British Midland, I have fond memories – and we used to time our flights back to enjoy the great afternoon tea!

SpeedbirdAbz
    Participant

That’s why I said ‘BA woman’ – apart from Eastern, I don’t think any airline up here has their own staff these days which is sad. Having said that, the agent who handles bmi (to get back on subject) have great staff in my many years experience flying with them all have been very warm friendly and helpful. I’m sounding really biased here and a BA basher – ok, I am I suppose – but bmi will be so missed up here I can’t tell you. I’ve just checked flight availability for next March ABZ/LHR and BA have 9 returns a day next year, so down from their current 7 plus the bmi 5. However capacity would be about the same with the airbuses replacing the RJ145s.

PatJordan
    Participant

My missing Avios have been restored!

I followed Johnkeane’s welcome advice, used the link he provided and within 72 hours I had both a response and positive resolution. Well done BA!

Many thanks John.

Pat

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls