Superefficent BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

I think we’re all used to receiving reminder e-mails from airlines a few days ahead of proposed travel dates, maybe linked to on-line check-in and the like. I was surprised, therefore, to receive a Reminder Message from BA yesterday……. for a flight sceduled for 16th November. This is superefficent of BA but to what purpose?

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think it’s to try and get you to buy additional services e.g. hotels/pay for seat selection/complete your ESTA forms.

Personally, it annoys me and I have told them so in no uncertain terms.

binabdulaziz
    Participant

Mr Tom

Check in your reservation, the last time this happen to me long time ahead of flight there is a seat change due to a different airplane.

TominScotland
    Participant

Thanks for this but BA is the carrier for just the first and last legs (GLA-LHR and v v) of an AY code share trip to HK. Seat allocation on AY is confirmed but not on the BA legs.

NTarrant
    Participant

Tom, I think VK is right, I have had an email recently for a flight in January next year!

JordanD
    Participant

Long shot, but maybe was advising you of your ESTA need before the US start charging you for it …

NTarrant
    Participant

No not for me.

Tirana1
    Participant

On a related “efficiency” note, credit should go to “Danny” on the gold card BA line who really did show exemplary efficiency and outstanding sevice in assisting me last week with a complex redemption booking LCY/JFK for a family holiday. He called back on a number of occasions to update and was an outstanding example of just why BA can – on a good day – utterly outshine its competitors. Many readers of this forum will be ready (with justification) to criticise when service standards are not met – on this occasion I thought it appropriate to comment when they have been surpassed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls