strange message on BA app – route change!

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Both flights this weekend had / currently have the following message on the app.

“Route change

We’re very sorry, the route of this flight has changed

If you’re travelling on this flight and need further information, please speak to a British Airways representative at the airport”

Strange message to read, but pleased to report I did get to my destination and hopefully will return tomorrow.

Any clues ?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

screen shot added

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

If your flight was originally LGW and its now LHR then that’s why you will have the message – the flight number will have 4 numbers and begin with “2” indicating it should be LGW

You should have been advised it is now arriving/departing LHR

2 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thanks Eastbourneguy. makes sense..

Clay'
    Participant

I’d imagine it’s more likely down to BA messing around with backend stuff right now. As an example I’ve had my flights to BKK and back for Tuesday re added to my account. They were cancelled months back when BA suspended the route.

(( As an aside as it was an AMEX 2-4-1 and it’s asking me to click for refund options one is half tempted to see if I can claim again >>JK<))

If it was a route change then it being done at such a last minute point is highly unlikely as you would’ve been alerted to this in advance if it was simply down to the LGW-LHR shift. NOT impossible of course but surprising if they’d moved it a day or two out.

Maybe it was a new service message being added to the system and your account somehow got placed in what should’ve been a sealed ( not real customer) DB. I mean this is BA and we all know how great their IT is.

PH27
    Participant

I was on one of those flights and called BA to find out what was going on when I saw that message. The confirmation of the reroute from LGW to LHR took place quite a while ago, so it was not in connection with that. I was told by BA that the message was due to a mid-air reroute which would result in the scheduled arrival being 18 mins earlier. Bizarre.

anyonebutba
    Participant

rather than imagining…I can confirm these messages have been displayed on the BA app for LGW flights operating from LHR since they shifted them many moons ago, so no longer any need to imagine…as its always been this way…. the message is there on all Gatwick flights numbers !

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I had flights booked with BA – Gatwick to Tirana – in December. I have just amended both flights to fly a day later and it is telling me that they will now be going from LHR not LGW. They still show Gatwick flight numbers though (e.g BA2648). I assume an email will be sent in the coming days to advise me of the change?

anyonebutba
    Participant

[postquote quote=1117700]

BA gatwick short haul flight numbers have been operating from Heathrow for some time…there are no short haul flights from gatwick until 2022 at the earliest …….currently there is no short haul airlines for BA at Gatwick until euroflyer commences 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls