Staying in Spain for the full visa period.

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• kash
    Participant

I understand as I enter Spain my British passport will be stamped for a max stay of 90 days stay.
    Can I drive into Gibraltar for a day and re enter Spain again ?

After the 90 days are up I understand you have to leave Spain n return to the Uk

Can I fly back to Spain the following week n re enter for a further 90 days ?

Or is there gap period that needs to be adhered to between leaving eu n re entering ?

Is there any clarity about this anywhere
    Thx

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

It’s 90 days in any 180 day period, so you would not be allowed to return for a further 90 days. That includes anywhere in the EU I believe so you couldn’t go to Italy for example. Welcome to Brexitland.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

[postquote quote=1097226]

Only one amendment to that. The 90 day limit is for Schengen countries. So you could go to Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania, Cyprus or Ireland, once your 90 days are up. The requirements for those countries are agreed bilaterally with the UK (e.g. the CTA with Ireland).

Spain may also develop an easy visa scheme in the near future for Brits wanting to stay more than 90 days (as many do) but no details are yet known.

Also worth noting that, at some point next year, UK citizens will have to apply online for a visa waiver (ETIAS) even for short trips, and including to Gibraltar.

4 users thanked author for this post.

GBAIR72
    Participant

They hardly check passports between Gibraltar and Spain. After June Gibraltar will join schengen area.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls