Star Alliance timetable for PC

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Schubert
    Participant

The Star Alliance timetable for PC as well as the same tool for Oneword got discontinued as apparently nobody was using these tools. However I found these tools most useful for my travel planning with trips often containing some 30 flights in total. So this software allowed me (even so only within one alliance) to plan a convenient itinerary which I would then forward to my travel agent for booking.

I have not found any other software that would replace the Star Alliance or Oneworld software nor have I found any online tool that would allow me to plan a 30 leg itinerary …. The Star Alliance app for iPhone/iPad are useless.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks very much.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Round the World itineraries can still be planned on *A, Sky and OW though they are much less easy to do than previously. On *A I cannot now find their information on what visas are required for various nationalities visiting or transiting different countries. Certainly the *A website is much less useful than it was.

JohnHarper
    Participant

I agree those timetables were useful but I found towards the end of the time I used them they were for ever updating as they were cumbersome and rather clunky and the information in them was still often out of date.

I also agree that the *A website is less useful than it used to be in fact none of the alliance websites are great. Another limiter is that many of the airline websites will not book connections within even the same alliance unless they operate a code share service which didn’t used to be the case either. LH is a particular case of this, certainly ten years ago you could book any *A service, now unless it’s the LH group you can’t and destinations seem to no longer exist although of course they do and they are served by another *A airline but there is no code share.

Things seem to be going backwards instead of forwards and functionality is getting limited.

ABBA.

MrMichael
    Participant

I rarely use a PC or laptop, it is either phone or my trusty ipad for me. I have found OW and SkyTeam generally fine on ipad, *A absolutely not supported and worse than useless. I concur with John Harper, functionality with OW does seem to be going backwards. Some obvious routes using Oneworld Airlines just do not get on the page at all, very frustrating when you know a route is available but it wont tell you or allow you to book it. Tried getting from Hong Kong to Chennai last year on OW and it wanted to route me via London!

On another matter, and possibly off topic, I keep seeing the monica “ABBA”…..what does it mean please?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=733705]
    On another matter, and possibly off topic, I keep seeing the monica “ABBA”…..what does it mean please?

[/quote]

I’m wondering that myself MrMichael?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Personally i prefer those timetable booklets you used to get so you can easily see where the airline is flying to and when.
    I get fed up feeding in dates etc online only to be told the airline does not fly to that destination or on that day!
    There must be a better way?

first_class_please
    Participant

I subscribe to expertflyer.com can get timetables, check availability, seating maps, mileage seats. Very good site for planning what I need.

GivingupBA
    Participant

I assumed that ‘ABBA’ means ‘Anything But BA’ but could be wrong??

1 user thanked author for this post.

MrMichael
    Participant

Thanks GivingUpBA. Let them walk then!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=734089]I subscribe to expertflyer.com can get timetables, check availability, seating maps, mileage seats. Very good site for planning what I need.

[/quote]

I agree FCP, I also subscribe and it is useful, especially if I want to book a flight to upgrade with vouchers or miles. However, unless I can’t find it, it does not show all the destinations an airline flies to and that’s sometimes info I want rather than having to try and make a dummy booking to see if they do or don’t.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=734110]I assumed that ‘ABBA’ means ‘Anything But BA’ but could be wrong??

[/quote]

I looked it up and it’s either a pop group or a Priest in the Coptic Church meaning “father”!

first_class_please
    Participant

LP, go to flight timetables, then you can choose to search by departure airport. After that, select filter results. You can then select an airline, choose if you want codeshares to show or not and then it will display. Can sort that by destination.

So you can select a date, see all BA flights from LHR and see all the destinations and flight times. As an example.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls