Stand 6 with the marshal's assistance

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• JohnHarper
    Participant

I don’t go anywhere else these days where every aircraft is marshaled on to the stand – are they a dying breed of is it still a common skill? The only place I used to go where it was common was MME but I haven’t been there since BD stopped the LHR service.

The other quirk is that on the front steps of every aircraft is a sign with the aircraft destination showing – I don’t know of anywhere else that does that – is there somewhere?

For those who don’t know, the airport is ECN and the centre of the island is currently very dry due to low rainfall this year. On the day the temperature at the airport was 44C and this was my afternoon ride to IST with onwards connection to BKK.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Second pic seems to have dropped out.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Its a very old fashioned country you were leaving,in fact l’m not sure it exists in the UN & certainly not in the EU! Political humour! In fact every airport has marshallers to back up the more reliable computer systems & I was surprised to see the new SR Canadair video at GVA (?) used a marshaller & even a mobile GPU,though possibly for dramatic effect!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

LCY have Marshals for every flight as does every flight I’ve been on coming into JNB.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls