St Pancras / Eurostar

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

Daniel9
    Participant

St Pancras never ceases to amaze me. Another day trip to Brussels, another chance to marvel at how much better, cleaner, easier, quicker, more impressive and enjoyable it is compared to Waterloo…

This time travelling standard – how I missed the modern yet traditional lounge – I was still impressed by the facilities available. Security was efficient and quick and, as always, my train left on time after a useful hour spent working – at my seat – in the large and comfortable lounge area.

Even the standard class is comfortable enough, and although I missed the champagne and privacy of business, I was still able to work reasonably well with colleagues on the way out.

Well done Eurostar and St. Pancras, an easy way to get business done. I look forward to my return trip later this month.

Sprouts
    Participant

ditto, it brings back the romance of rail travel!

nick50000
    Participant

agreed, but now the contrast with Gare du Nord and Midi is so much more pronounced.

M.Moose
    Participant

I’m planning to take the Eurostar early May from London to Paris (return). Will be travelling for leisure, so will probably 2-3 bags with me.

Does it get delayed? I’m on the morning train (7.13 a.m.) back from Paris and then off to Heathrow for my flight at noon.

Any useful travel tips? Thanks!

VintageKrug
    Participant

The Leisure Select fares allow you to sit in a First Class seat for a fraction of the regular cost.

If you have an Amex Platinum or Centurion card you get complimentary access to the lounges at both ends, particularly welcome in the hellhole that is the Gare du Nord.

babsinlondon
    Participant

Hello Eurostar users!

I am a master student studying European Master in Tourism Management course and I am doing an exploratory research here in London about travellers’ motives using Eurostar as mode of transport for their business trips. Therefore, I am looking for some experienced business travellers who are willing to meet up or perhaps skype with me and answer couple of questions about their business travel experience. All the information provided by you would be used for my master thesis. Your name will be kept in complete privacy (will not be published) and I would not ask about the name of the company you are representing as for this research it is not relevant.
    If you would like to participate and help me in this research please write me an email to <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]. If you agree to meet up, I would gladly invite you for a cup of coffee or tea as a gesture of my thank you.

Barbara

RichHI1
    Participant

Why have you posted this across so many threads? One is the normal practice, in this case a Eurostar thread would seem the most relevant.

babsinlondon
    Participant

To reach as many people as possible and hoping to get at least one positive answer. When you are a student and you are doing a research it is not so easy to get people to help you. I have posted this post to several forums and web sites but so far just with very little success so I am trying what I can. and if it takes that I post this to 100 of forums and websites just to get at least one replay than I will.

RichHI1
    Participant

I think you will find targetted appraoch works better than Shotgun. If you were to ask some specific questions on the Eurostar thread you would get some traction and some input. Lots of students post here asking for help with their work. Busy travellers are happy to share experiences but I suspect an email approach for short questionaire will give you better response.
    My travel experience is primarily US with some Lat Am and Asia/Africa. Don’t go to Europe and don’t use the Eurostar so I am afraid I cannot help you.

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

To correct VK – Leisure Select has been rebranded and is now called Standard Premier. It does indeed continue to offer a good value option, especially when granted access to the Business Premier Lounges with Amex Platinum/Centurion. I continue to be a fan of Eurostar and look forward to Stratford International station living up to its name in the coming months.

VintageKrug
    Participant

No correction needed, as the post was accurate when written in 2009.

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

My mistake – apologies, I didn’t check the dates – thought it was unlike you!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls