SQ217 SIN – MEL A380 New or Old?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• w8ster
    Participant

Anyone travelled recently on this route? I was looking forward to trying out the SQ new Business seats on the A380 and was happy when I saw one of my upcoming flight with them was A380.

When I went to choose the seats after purchasing ticket, the configuration appears to be the original Business product launched when they first introduced the big bus. Found a few reviews on the new config on SIN – SYD flights but non for MEL. Are they only the old products for Melbourne or just luck of the draw on the day?

Am returning from MEL with their A350 so I think that’s the same as what they have on the 773 ER.. well hopefully not the Regional config anyway.

Inquisitive
    Participant

I think you will get the old seat on SQ217 A380.
    But if you take A350, those are equipped with new seats that are same as A380 new seat.

w8ster
    Participant

[quote quote=929673]I think you will get the old seat on SQ217 A380.

But if you take A350, those are equipped with new seats that are same as A380 new seat.[/quote]

Thanks. at least I know now not to expect the new seats on the way out 🙂 I will be flying back out with SQ208 which shows the A350 900. According to their website the A350 (non ULR) are either the new Regional Business or the same as the product they have on the 773 ER.

Pies1311
    Participant

Just to clarify the A350 seat should be the same seat as the newer 777-300s which are much better than the old 380 seats. They are not the same as the new a380 seats that are now slightly narrower but convert to bed without the need to get out of the seat and flip over.

w8ster
    Participant

[quote quote=929704]Just to clarify the A350 seat should be the same seat as the newer 777-300s which are much better than the old 380 seats. They are not the same as the new a380 seats that are now slightly narrower but convert to bed without the need to get out of the seat and flip over.[/quote]

Thats what I thought. Thanks. I would have liked to have tried the new product. The flip thing does annoy me a bit and honestly not that comfortable to sleep on. I am used to the Cathay business product that just slides into a bed as I need them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls