SQ Business Class – Editors please note

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 106 through 116 (of 116 total)

• ValentineTay
    Participant

@LPPS Let me get this straight forward. On the top view, using the bird’s view, when that the cabin crew real paymaster which is you all depart and leave them hanging dry, it will indirectly ‘kill’ the cabin crew and leave them in jeopardy for their jobs, as if the management is unable to retain staff in future runs. In SQ, all staff including cabin crew is in the “big family” in SQ. It’s a sense of belonging and takes pride not only in their job but as well as the company. Why would anyone not go to other companies like CX and BA? Thousands of gals queueing up for a job interviews in SQ, SQ’s reputation is big. And the only hope in sg as well. All focused on SQ and esp. so when SQ belongs to the top 50 best employers in the world under Fortune magazine. If the reputation diminishes, it will affects badly on the “family members”, although they are not the main decision makers. Anyway, regarding the F and B issue, it must be the varieties of food and quantities is small ESP. In y class. They are doing something. I heard there is a change in caterers when I was in Frankfurt few days ago. They used Singaporean caterers instead of local ex station caterer to administer and check the meals. It is coming bk. Do ch’k again on ur future trips with SQ to see if the meals are not doing good again. And comment on this forum if it is too salty or oily. My friends will be checking on the website and see if they can send it through their company intranet. I have to leave this forum soon as I m going for more upgrading course and juggle with my daily managerial work.

ValentineTay
    Participant

@LPPS it wasn’t a spot on for cbroo, as cbroo might have bi polar disorder or might have missed out my words again. I have to reiterate again. I AM A OPERATIONAL MANAGER in other company, not SQ. And I AM A FREQUENT TRAVELLER which means I AM A SQ PASSENGER at times, provided by my
    Company. AND I MENTIONED that I WAS in aviation industry in the PAST. Sorry, arh…, for the benefit of cbroo, cos’ he can’t see well and missed some words. HENCE, I am NOT SQ staff, got it? Although they can’t change the airlines and business completely, the staff can DECIDE to change their JOBS, got it? MANY of them are Master and Degree holder. It is just like BA pilots and cabin crew protesting. You will see WHAT power they can DO to change the airlines’ business. Isn’t it too quick to make assumption on cabin crew and other staff? I wonder. Until one day they felt too powerless, they will move jobs to a more managerial positions and they set their own business. I see lots of ex-crew sitting first class and suites class. No discrimination please, cbroo. You and I are not the only ones who can decide. It’s because they humbly chooses us to be their pay masters and we are all honored to be served by them, regardless which airline the stewardesses belong to.

ValentineTay
    Participant

Last but not least, I agreed with you, cbroo and LPPS on the restaurant theory. That’s why SQ, including OURSELVES as businessmen and future businesswomen, must learn that it must be 100% hard work, passion and drive to maintain standards in everything we sell and not short cuts like outsourcing. Outsourcing has to be used as a last resort. Hmm, I kind of recalled my grandfather’s electronic business. How he set up to be one of the biggest electronic stores in sg in the past. It was destroyed by my uncle by outsourcing. I try my best to make sure that won’t happen if I ever set up my own business. Thank God some of my Aunts’ businesses are still surviving.

ValentineTay
    Participant

And, hmm, then due to the customers’ requests, why don’t we help ourselves with buffets in the aircraft? There is no need for cabin crew to serve us. Give us our cheap tickets, caviar, our Dom Perignon and Krug and our lobster thermidor. We can simply help ourselves with the shelves and use our comprehensive 1,000 movies and 3,000 over games with no spoilt entertainment system.We can do our CPR when we are short of breath and we can open our emergency doors as we can evacuate fast within less than one minute. Why SQ is wasting people like them? All we want food and drinks and good entertainment! And let’s raise our glasses of champagne flutes and cheers! Just simply ask them to stand pretty smile…don’t need to go all the way to serve us. We will help ourselves with self service corner. Welcome to the new era of cheap buffet flights! Shouldn’t it be like that, cbroo?

EugeneChan
    Participant

@ValentineTay: your arguments are tangential. I’ve only had a quick skim through the above posts. In my view, it seems that the crux of the whole issue is that customers expect high standards and quality if they pay premium prices for the product/service. The fact that Government policies, outsourcing etc. may derogate from an airline’s achievement of those standards expected by customers is not a sufficient excuse. It is the airline’s responsibility to sort out these issues (e.g. negotiation) and the burden of the airline should not be shifted onto customers by way of sub-standard food, service etc.

Singapore Airlines prides itself of being superior. That positioning must be reinforced by superior product and service. Even their website is tarnishing Singapore Airlines’ image. If I am correct, it has been 2.5-3 months since the inception of their website. I have seen little improvement and for a company of Singapore Airlines’ size, that – frankly – is unacceptable. Notwithstanding that though, I have received excellent customer service when booking my tickets using an alternate mode: telephone. My service fees were waived, and service was efficient and professional.

P.S. ValentineTay, although you may be using Queen’s English, I have to concur with LPPS and cbroo, that there are lapses in your expression and grammatical problems. However, that does not bother me.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

@ValentineTay Your failure to acknowledge what is being said to you about the overall product SIA deliver and your rather emotive responses are if anything putting me off travelling with SIA rather than convincing me I should. I agree, if people stop flying SIA there will be consequences for all concerned and from the current results on share price and profit, it looks like more people than me are spending their money elsewhere.

I’ve just booked my next three returns LHR-SYD with Etihad in F for on average 75% of the usual SIA fare not that I checked SIA properly this time because the website kept crashing. Etihad will collect me from home in a limo, let me in to one of the best lounges at LHR, accomodate me in a suite, serve a huge choice of food and drinks on demand with excellent crew on duty for who nothing is a problem and when I get to SYD another limo will drive me to my hotel. SIA just do not compete so they lose yet again.

cbroo79
    Participant

safe and enjoyable travels, LPPS! Good choice!
    Maybe we’ll meet on one of my runs to Asia / Downunder ex JFK or ZRH.
    No more comment from my side @ Valentine Tay. No point.

ValentineTay
    Participant

Hi, guys,
    Whichever and what ever you like. I will still fly with Singapore Airlines. I don’t see there is a need to explain or get involved in this argument. It does not help me in my personal life. You all guys enjoy flying your favourite airlines and I fly mine. No disputes. It’s good that SQ take notice of your complaints and listen to you. On the other hand, I m very satisfied with them. I do see customers writing to say they improved. No point discussing, it’s like Apple products, Sony products, Galaxy products. Personal preference. LPPS and cbroo take Ethihad or any other airlines are non of my business. In future runs, I m not sure if they take bk SIA. Well…it’s a matter of time. We all shall see.

ValentineTay
    Participant

And, Eugene, it is not about our complaints. It’s on an analytical view on why will the company’s standards dropped. It’s never about you all. We should be the smart ones to learn from people’s mistake and not do that on our own business rather than to be loud mouth and point fingers at their bad job. That’s all. On a whole view, One will lose out. While people in SQ takes the blame in the contracted company, passengers like cbroo and LPPS will not care a damned about all these issues and blamed SQ. Moral of the story is take every in your own hands and control directly, don’t outsource when you own business. if you outsource you burn your hands. We all can write as much as we can till the cows go home.
    *And are you all running a English school? Or am I supposed to write an essay? Oops, sorry, teachers, too bad, I have graduated long time ago and I don’t need to send in for marks.

toonvanderheyden
    Participant

Yes exactly the same I did fly from NRT-SIN …very uncomfortable. In fact the older seats are better in day time.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

the job of the press is to provide the width in reporting – it is natural that business / pleasure travellers will report in narrow terms, i.e. their actual travel experiences and the job of the airlines is to entice the passenger to use their product.

Perhaps if the airlines were more honest with their disclosures (even bearing in mind that often used, aircraft and product changes due to maintenance etc…. ) then their customers (passengers) would be more inclined to provide positive feedback because expectations were known in advance.

As has previously been stated, there are very few businesses that are able to charge thousands for an advertised product, only to supply a dated product and not have to pay compensation.

Viewing 11 posts - 106 through 116 (of 116 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls