SQ A380 Business Class seat

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

• Pies1311
    Participant

Only SQ PPS club and above are able to select the bulkhead seats at the time of booking. For all other passengers you have to wait until online check in opens (around 48 hrs before the flight I think). In practice there are usually enough PPS members travelling on any flight so highly unlikely they will be available on check in.

I recently travelled on the A380 and I agree with most of the comments already raised. Not sure if this is useful but I always book the seat that most suits how you sleep. This is quite important for SQ biz class seats as the annoying cubby hole for your feet is on opposite sides for each seat. If you sleep on your side (like I do) I prefer the cubby hole to be on the left, meaning I select A or F. D&K have cubby hole on RHS. This is the reason why PPS club members quickly snap up the bulkhead seats.

3 users thanked author for this post.

FRANCESCABARNES
    Participant

We flew same aircraft from CDG to SÌN, I was really looking forward to this after all the hype. I was very disappointed with seating for same reason and service. Coming home was on 777 with new seating, an improvement but still left a lot to be desired. Quite honestly I would hesitate to fly them again.

KSHaggag
    Participant

I was personally disappointed with the food quality but that was on IST/SIN and the catering was done by a third party ,not SIA ,however on the way back the food was prepared in SIN ;it was much better BUT not the quality I am used to from SIA …i was so saddened by this that I kept silent for a long time .SIA is for me an icon ,a great ICON !!

Pies1311
    Participant

I actually don’t mind the food in Biz class particularly if departing from SG or LHR and you use the book the cook option, although I have noticed the selection is somewhat reduced now, even out of SG. But I do agree with you that you can see some cost saving measures being put in place, with the frankly tiresome Covid excuse being used. For example, no drink served on boarding (unless you ask), slippers not provided (again, unless you ask), cheese service gone. The irony is that the cost of the biz flights on SQ have skyrocketed more recently. I will be flying QR in a few weeks to LHR which was some 25% cheaper than SQ so will see if they have let standards slip.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Actually I quite liked the CX coffin class By the standards of the day the seat was well padded (if narrow), I liked the ottoman and the (again for the day) large TV screen, and the significant privacy. Having said that, it was a pain if you had anything on your tray and needed to get up for some reason; and I can imagine my enthusiasm would have palled somewhat if I had to fly long haul trips every week!

Interestingly, Virgin’s Upper Class seat (not the latest one but the one that is on most of their fleet) looks to me to be very similar (a few other airlines too)

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls