Sports while travelling

Back to Forum
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

jackdiver
    Participant

Hi BT members,
    Just joined to discuss, exchange,hopefully useful for us as frequent travelers, as we’re trying to build the best service possible,

Can you let us know how you train , if you go to hotels gyms, pools etc… while on the go.

And, if you could be interested by accessing Locals gyms, Health clubs, Pools when at international destination, as nationwide I guess most of us have gyms membership.

I guess a +1 or -1 for the idea would do + eventual comment.

Thanks very much, super useful to us.
    Alex

summerfly
    Participant

Hi jackdiver

I have a habit of choosing my hotel based on location (close to park) and facilities (nice pool). I also like to walk around different cities rather than use public transport/taxi. Judging by the fitness app on my phone I am actually more physically active whilst travelling than at home.

The only thing that’s difficult to access is team sport when abroad. Would be a great way to mingle with the locals if you could join their local handball, football, rugby teams etc for a few training sessions.

canucklad
    Participant

An excellent topic jackdiver…….
    As someone who has played organised sport all of my life, I find that I’m full of contradictions. Starting with the fact I love activity and loathe exercise

I play football (5/6 a side) twice a week when I’m home. It’s normally very competitive and to a high standard, ex professional’s blah, blah blah ….so generally a good workout for someone above the 50 mark. . So when I’m away working it really hurts when I make my return.

I could alleviate this by booking a hotel that has a gym, or go for a run, but and it’s a big but, gyms and jogging would drive me to insanity through the tedious of it all.

I love swimming and would love to choose hotels that have a decent pool. But most of my business travel is within the UK, and guess what…….Hotels with pools, especially city centre ones that are within my companies budget allowance are about as rare as finding a Donald Trump supporter in Guadalajara

Another factor is this, when I’m working away I’m usually exhausted by the time I get back to my hotel : )

jackdiver
    Participant

Hi
    Thank you for your messages, insights & share of experience.

@MsKonstanz I suggest to look at MeetUp or similar, you might find team sports events.

@canucklad I feel you, this is why we’re working around Hotels pools access, no need to exceed your cie allowance…

ps: the Drumpf fan in Mexico part killed me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls