Special flight AF747 on Jan 14

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Air France is operating an interesting “one-off” B747 historical flight on January 14, 2016.

Tickets cost Euros 220 for the entire cabin. They are available for booking from today directly with AF in Paris. But I’m sure there will be a lot of demand.

Details in French:

http://corporate.airfrance.com/fr/presse/communiques/article/item/embarquez-a-bord-du-vol-dhommage-af747-un-tour-de-france-exceptionnel/

LuganoPirate
    Participant

If I was in Europe then it’s something I’d love to do. Thanks for bringing it to our attention Alex.

Will any journalist from BT be on board to cover the flight? I’d love to see the article with photo’s on that.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Thanks, LP, glad it’s of interest. I myself have not been invited but as there are quite a few B747 fans on this Forum I was sure that readers would like to know about this special flight too.

30 mins ago, AF tweeted me to provide details of its dedicated booking line. Note that this is something which cannot be booked online.

Open from 10.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday (I presume this is local time) the phone line is: +33 (0) 1.56.70.28.

icenspice
    Participant

Indeed LP.

Many thanks for the information AMcW.

Not only are you on top of future developments, you are an expert in the field of nostalgia.

I didn’t know AF was about to retire its B747s!

I too expect the line to be overloaded if I decide to get on the blower tomorrow morning!!

mkcol74
    Participant

icenspice
    Participant

‘Toutes les lignes de votre correspondant sont occupĂ©es….’

Gets a bit repetitive after 20 attempts LOL

icenspice
    Participant

After calling all day, I finally got a recorded message telling me the flight was full.

At least I tried!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Can anyone see the potential problem with laying on a sightseeing tour in December, when the skies are predominately cloudy?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls