Special Dietary Requests

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I sometimes try out the special dietary meals offered by airlines, more out of curiosity than need. Once on TAP from Milan to Lisbon I requested a “Sodium Free Meal” and ended up with just a tomato and mozzarella salad!!!

I’m curious as to whether other posters have tried the meals, what they thought and which airlines are a bit more imaginative in their offerings?

JohnnyEnglish
    Participant

Gluten-free in C on LOT. Just don’t.

Tried gluten-free on OS long haul yesterday in C. At least it was fresh, but tomato and mozarella again seem to be the order of the day (with chicken for main course). The really daft thing is that some of their regular options are naturally gluten-free but rather than advise this, they make a special effort to give you a boring gluten free menu option instead…

Potakas
    Participant

Low Lactose on CE BA band 4 flights. Just don’t do it.

I had cheese as a side dish… go figure.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I can not recommend highly enough the Vegetarian meals and fruit platters available on CE. Even the cabin crew comment on how good they look.

Just for the record, I only use CE for my ex-Europe Asia/USA routes, otherwise for Europe its LCC (with or without lounge!!) and my own piece of fruit!

myspirow
    Participant

Despite not really need special meal; I ordered special meal occasionally in order to get served ahead whenever flying economy. The result so far is always pretty good. I ordered LFML (Low Fat Meal) on KL, MH, EK, and LH. All but LH served very tasty meal (complete hot meal tray), only on LH all I got was a vegetarian sandwich (it was a 5th freedom flight btw and they only serve sandwich).
    I’m due to try how TK serve their LFML next month and I’m looking forward to it…

Binman62
    Participant

A child’s meal on almost any carrier is vile. In my experience the meal is the same in every class. The method of serving can vary depending on crew but even in first it has arrived on a tray.
    Any meal request on BA will limit opportunities for upgrades at the last minute

RichardB
    Participant

I think with any airline: order a special meal – you will not receive any operational upgrade. Since all my tickets are in Y I would never order a special meal for this reason.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Swiss often serve Burger and Chips to kids flying long haul. The chips are ok according to them, but the burgers are great and often they can get a second one.

In F, again Swiss, though kids are a rarity, when they are served a meal it’s done in the same way as the parents, with table cloth etc. Often they will sit at their parents table on the Ottoman and eat with them.

Anyone notice that trolley service on Swiss has gone in F?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls