Spam on this forum

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

I looked in earlier to see about 4 pages of spam postings. Well done to the moderators for cleaning it up so fast.

Wouldn’t it perhaps be a good idea for first time posters to have their postings approved by a moderator before being displayed? I realise this is extra work but probably less than having to clear the spam out, and also once the spammers realise that the process is in place, they’ll give up and go elsewhere.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you – yes, it was a nightmare.

We will see if that is a feature in the software, and we are bringing back another bit of security to see if that helps.

thank you all for your patience.

Tom

LuganoPirate
    Participant

It was a pain as one of my posts got caught in the maelstrom and was deleted. Luckily I had some of the text elsewhere so it wasn’t a problem to recreate it. The one about sitting in F etc.

I was also impressed with the speed Tom came back to me on a Sunday. Truth be told I didn’t really expect an answer till Monday so hats off to you Tom and the team.

Mind you, I did think you could make a first post but then had to wait 24 hours before you could post again? What was strange was that those posts were all marked private so you could not see anything or even reply to say “b****r off”!

Maybe an idea is to use a captcha image, though I hate them, so perhaps a trusted poster after say 100 posts is able to skip that part?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls