Space Age ULTra Pod Track at LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• Binman62
    Participant

£30 million……are the made of Gold Plated Titanium?
    Yes the PODs are great but at that price so they should be. The buiding has been open 3 years and only now are they in service.
    Further evidence in my view that this firm should not be allowed to run a raffle never mind the UKs premier gateway.

RichHI1
    Participant

VK, just reread thread. Are you actually saying they are not air conditioned? I cannot beleve that. Surely the temperarure just neede resetting or something? With that amount of glass area and the time spent outside in the (albeit English) summer they will need air conditioning. Even the underground is finally getting air conditioning and that is over a 100 years old.

VintageKrug
    Participant

While I would have similar concerns to Binman about BAA’s ability to run a raffle, it should be made clear that the PODs have been open since April.

They are also the world’s first such system, hence the cost, which was heavy on R&D.

My experience (I’ve only used them twice as I try to get Public Transport to the airport) they were not well ventilated, and didn’t have a/c. This might of course change, but that was my experience. Personally I think a/c would be excessive, but a decent fan wouldn’t go amiss.

VintageKrug
    Participant

These pods really are superb; used them again and they’re certainly efficient and a real benefit to the LHR T5 experience.

Much better than being driven in a people carrier.

RichHI1
    Participant

Good to see they are proving operational and have been in service for some time without issue. Nice to be able to praise something British.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls