South African Airways Voyager Programme

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

PRCGaskell
    Participant

Anyone who is thinking about becoming a member of South African Airways (SAA) Voyager Programme be warned. I turned Gold again with SAA back in December last year and I am still waiting for my new Gold Card and Luggage Tags. I have requested more than 3 times via email (mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]) without reply. I cannot even get an email to this address anymore, as apparently their inbox is full. I have called through to their customer service department in Johannesburg also on 3 occasions. Each time I had to wait over 20 minutes before somebody answered. I was promised on all occasions that card would be sent out to me ASAP but nothing has arrived. I now understand that cards have not gone out to many of their customers. Many of the Star Alliance Lounges I visit insist on seeing the Gold Card especially if I am travelling on a non-SAA airline in Asia. As my current card is out of date, this has meant I have been turned away. I asked customer service to email me a letter explaining the situation so I could at least show lounges the letter to gain access. Twice I have been promised a letter and still nothing. After years of loyalty, I have decided to ditch SAA Voyager and go with another airline. I wonder if Star Alliance is aware of this problem as it is not normal I think for a Star Alliance Loyalty Program to treat its customer this way. Has anybody else also had trouble with SAA Voyager?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls