South African Airways A340-600

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Boarding was punctual but I could see a flight attendant filing her nail in the galley and another male attendant drinking something in full view of business class passengers. Not professional, even though there the CSD was at the door to meet and greet passengers.

We were offered pre flight drinks but the sparkling wine wasn't chilled. No names were used.

Food was nicely presented and a modern-style menu used but the quality was lacking. A nice touch are the canapés offered with pre-dinner drinks.

The choice of in-flight entertainment is poor, reminding me of an offering perhaps 10 years earlier. The seats were wide but also an old style design. Not much privacy from your neighbor and also a 2-3-2 layout, meaning that unless you'd an aisle seat, you had to climb over your neighbor to get out.

The staff seemed to do what was minimum to get by, and "going the extra mile" certainly isn't in their vocabularly. They had no knowledge of wines, and it was red or white which was the choice! They seemed exhausted and certainly not interested in their job. During the night there was a lot of loud galley noise. I even got up after an hour of this to find a flight attendant clanking plates from one trolley to another. It actually woke a baby up and started it crying. Again very unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Overall, I think SAA needs to update their product to match their competitors. Average would be a good word to describe this flight.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user LINDAMAGOWAN can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls