something that bugs me…

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

kovalex
    Participant

travelling in and out of Malaysia quite often, I have the opportunity to fly most regional carriers flying into KUL. A recent bug for me was when travelling non-Malaysian carriers, the cabin is sprayed by crew whereas this is not the case with Malaysian carriers. I don’t appreciate the spray regardless of crew’s announcements that it’s been approved by the WHO. Is someone turning a blind eye?

Ardmarnoch
    Participant

Interesting. After one flight my wife and I ended up having a hospital visit for severe conjunctivitis after an untrained crew member sprayed excessive insecticide over us. I think there are serious unanswered questions over spraying an aircraft with the passenbers in situ. I understand why the WHO wants it done, however I doubt their research over passenger safety.
    Recently I have also noticed BA spraying the cabin on the BKK – LHR route – even though it is not required, and not requested in BA policy…

oldchinahand
    Participant

This is not a reply to ‘kovalax’ thread as such but about something that rather annoys me.
    I am a great fan of Cathay Pacific which I have long considered to be the best all round carrier (as I see do SKYTRAX again for 2009) and have put my backside on the seat for over 2.5million miles but one small thing that drives me crazy is that cheap, tacky, nasty, plastic orchid in the flower holder in the lavatories in business and first. They used to have fresh ones. Better nothing than this?

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

you know, if you did not know that the crew have sprayed the cabin before the pax get onboard–than there is nothing to get angry. Only when you are sensitive like me with those spraying and their contents–you still know afterwards, when you get really uncomfortable( itching, red spots or breathing problems). It is really a gamble –sometimes nothing happens inspite of the spraying or the opposite– a full blast of allergic reactions ! But what I hate most is when the crew walk through the cabin and spraying over the pax’s head and literally showering those chemicals upon us. At this point–I could really drag that crew to the side and spray the whole can to his or her face! Sorry, for the straightforward description but this subject annoys me.

Regarding CX with a fake flower in the restrooms on board–well I flew from BAH-HKG-DPS this week–no flowers in real or fake in the premium toilets ! Probably the best part is–the restrooms are kept clean.

But what bugs me in my recent trip via Bahrain. The CX lounge in BAH airport is new. It feels comfortable, inspite of its small size. But the worst part is–there is no restrooms and shower facilities in the lounge. The premium pax will have to use the public toilets. A lot of you might have travelled in BAH airport and used the public toilets. It is comparing to Asian standards in HKG, SIN …absolutely shocking and dirty. All of the pax in that evening flight to HKG were appalled and angry that they have not any possibilities but to use the filthy public restrooms. I wrote CX a complaint directly from the lounge and before my flight–I hope to expect an answer–otherwise I hope BT Asia/Pacific will forward this comment to CX-PR section and get an answer over this dreadful issue. I never expected from CX such lounge situations–it won’t be a problem, if the public facilities are clean and useable without any bad or disgusting feelings visiting them.

I don’t understand why BAH airport has so filty restrooms while those in AUH and DXB when I flew them recently are not that bad, alright in those trips there–the airlines I flew have their own restrooms in the lounge. The worst explanation I got from a person working in Bahrain airport I have asked over the subject told me: ” we have a lot of of Pakistanis and Filipinos using them ….” I was shocked and answered him a in loud voice how discriminating and stupid his comment was–this Arabic/Bahraini airport employee just grin and left the restrooms and me with my predicament while looking to the toilet……shocking indeed, but I would never say or accuse a certain culture for being dirty or filty when using the toilets. I just skip it and waited till we board the plane.

So everyone flying through Bahrain airport–bring some disinfection tissues or wipes with you and really when you can’t hold it anymore.

albert_ateng
    Participant

at least the toilet can still be flushed and not jammed as wih cx’s airbus a couple weeks ago :p/

Hess963
    Participant

On the air or in the ground–such problems should be tend to specifically. It is a shame that such issues over comfort rooms in CX facilities are omnipresent. It does not put CX in a good picture–in contrast you just do not expect CX to have such problems in such level of expectation and service standard which CX is referred to be one of the best. Definitely not worthy as Airline of the Year 2009–at least in these topics.

oldchinahand
    Participant

The plastic orchid could be the cause Cathays problem with the blocked loos!
    Perhaps I am not the only one who it offends and why Hass963 did not find one!

kovalex
    Participant

I just don’t appreciate the inconsistencies. At the end of the day, health departments requiring the spray can audit inbout aircraft to make sure that the spraying has taken place. I’ve equally seen crew empty cans onground just to make sure that the cans appear to be used if checked.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls