Something nice to say about Malaysian Airlines (or rather their staff)

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

I am the first to criticise Malaysian, their service, their staff and generally their very existence as a regional player!

However, credit where due, I had to fly from Jakarta to KUL and there were no seats on Garuda and didnt fancy the hop back to Singapore and then up so I chose (yes I chose) MH to KUL

I have recently lost my silver BAEC due to lack of opportunities to fly OW and when I checked in with MH I was told that there was no lounge access (which is fair enough)

However the head of station heard my question noted my previous status on OW and offered my colleague and I access into the lounge and priority tickets when arriving into KUL.

This was unsolicited and done with a smile and a joke and therefore deserves a mention. The flight was on time and actually landed on time and we were landside and on the KLIA Express train within 8 minutes of landing

Lets hope this change of service to their customers continues albeit I am sure they were Indonesian contract staff to MH so maybe not ….

TominScotland
    Participant

I am just back from a family trip with MH LHR-KUL-MEL return in Economy. We booked (and paid for) seats well in advance, upstairs in the small cabin at the rear on the A380 and in the two row forward cabin on the A330 (which used to be Business).

I can say without reservation that the 2-4-2 seating in both areas (we were in the 2s on both aircraft) is as good as it gets in economy. The legroom certainly feels more than the 32″ which seatguru attributes to economy seating. I could easily work on my laptop on the tray table with the seat in front fully reclined and I don’t lack girth!! On the A380, the window seats have the advantage of storage in side bins by the window. The seats are also wide by comparison with the cramped offering of airlines like QR in this class (and, presumably, BA’s Gatwick offering in the future) and very comfortable, even on the 13.5 hour return leg into LHR.

So the hard product is excellent for its type and, as I said, certainly up there as best in class. I wonder what the A350 will offer to passengers at the back of the bus? Service is rather more hit and miss although generally we were very happy with the cabin crew on all flights.

JKL
    Participant

[quote quote=847624]I wonder what the A350 will offer to passengers at the back of the bus?[/quote]

I flew Economy on the MH A350 a week or so back when it was being used on KUL-PEN. Only a short flight but I found the economy seat very comfortable – about the same size as on the A380 I think, but more padded. I considered MH A380 economy seats to be about the best out there; first impressions are that the A350 ones are even better. I was sat in the first row, which has slightly more legroom, but I assume the seats are otherwise the same.

I’m posting this from on board the A350 to London, by the way… Slightly nicer seat this time 😉 Have just posted my review – https://www.businesstraveller.com/forums/topic/review-malaysia-airlines-a350-first-class/

thebigseats
    Participant

I recently flew HKT-KUL-SGN on MH in Business Class. Pretty much on time. Boarding well ordered. Food plentiful (although quite basic KUL-SGN). Service ranged from “cool” to excellent. Not bad TBH. YMMV.

WestBay
    Participant

My flight AKL-KUL in business class was delayed for a couple of hours due to a late arrival of the plane. The business class seat/bed was not any good especially when you try to sleep – it is made like you are lying in a coffin (certainly, not recommended to experience). The food was OK. And the service was not any memorable. All in all, I would not fly business with MH and I would not recommend anybody use it on the AKL-KUL route.

rferguson
    Participant

Their main lounges in KUL have been closed for renovations for a few months now. The malaysia airlines website had stated that the lounges would be closed Oct 2017 – January 29 2018. Well that was until yesterday. The 29 January has been removed and it now seems the ‘closed for renovation date’ is open ended.

It’s something that really frustrates me about MH. Lounge refurbishments and the like NEVER run to plan. And instead of advising customers a month or so in advance that the works are over running they advise under a week before. Well to be fair they don’t even advise, they just delete the re open date and leave everyone to guess.

If anyone is passing through KUL over the coming days perhaps they could ask the regional lounge staff for the latest?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I was there last week and was told February, but of course although that’s the shortest month, it still could be any time in the next five weeks.

Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls