Social distancing on flights – Aer Lingus

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Re: Aer Lingus BHD-LHR. More capacity is now being offered. Two flights operated this morning.

AJDC
    Participant

Social distancing on board an aircraft is not a viable business model. Would be better to have everyone wear masks at all time while on board, of course there would be a problem with eating or drinking…

1 user thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=998307][/postquote]

This has been discussed at length already on other threads.

AJDC
    Participant

I’m a tad confused, why are you telling me thing and not the thread starter? Perhaps it would be better to tell the thread starter or have the moderators combined this with the other threads that you mentioned.

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=998314][/postquote]

……………. sorry about that. Try “What should be expected” amongst mentions in others.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’ve merged the two threads into this (slightly renamed one) one – Social Distancing on Flights Aer Lingus – a few of the replies now don’t fit but it will keep this on topic, I think.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

A few airlines are now announcing the need for passengers to wear masks, I would like to see more airlines publish what they will be doing to better sanitise the cabins especially on turnarounds.

PatJordan
    Participant

This was published earlier today:

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/social-distancing-on-flights-not-possible-aer-lingus-boss-willie-walsh-39187907.html

Am I alone in thinking that Willie Walsh is speaking common sense?

Stay safe everybody.

Pat

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=998393][/postquote]

Pat, you are not alone.

Although very many participants on this forum frequently criticise him, and the organisation he heads, it is arguably the strongest airline grouping in Europe, and possibly the World. I know it is on a downwards spiral. Race to the bottom………..

2 users thanked author for this post.

AJDC
    Participant

Why this is not obvious to anyone with a modicum of commonsense is beyond me.

canucklad
    Participant

Beggars belief Pat— It’s a barking mad , difficult to understand announcement…..specifically the timing and logic of it, is totally bonkers.

7 weeks ago is when this should have been implemented , becoming more draconian at a time of easing other restrictions is in my mind incomprehensible !!

You can now jump in your car from a cluster area with a high RO number and drive an hour to a small village in the Peak District which has a R0 number of zero . Infect a petrol pump, local shop and head off back to your virus infested cluster.

7 weeks in, after a proper shutdown of our borders , reviewing a lifting / reduction of quarantine measures at our borders would have given the aviation industry a ray of hope. This does exactly the opposite !

2 users thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

Totally agree – it’s completely illogical.

Added to this, we apparently now have an agreement with France that we have become a “common area”. So, presumably after June 15th (when France’s closed border re-opens) one can fly into or out of LHR from/to anywhere via Paris, if on separate tickets.

stevescoots
    Participant

[postquote quote=998590][/postquote]

and now the EU says this is illigal and we must have common with all EU nations

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls