Social Distancing on Aircraft

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)

• ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1000815][/postquote]

Paul, as with capetonium and FaroFlyer, I too did not report your contribution as “inappropriate” but certainly it was – coming 9 days after the last entry, anyway.

Until recently I was a regular business traveller, also, and I do enjoy cruises – although they will be on the back-burner for the time being.

I am not “mindless” or “daft”.

But the online definition of “self-indulgent” is characterized by doing or tending to do exactly what one wants, especially when this involves pleasure or idleness. After a lifetime of working hard and saving money for retirement, I am most definitely guilty of self-indulgency – and proud of it. And, why not?

2 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1000815]the daft in an activity known as ‘cruising’ is totally irrelevant.[/quote]

One of the professions I have been associated has for the past several years arranges conferences/meetings on board cruise liners. Generally a 7 day cruise once or twice a year. The working day was a standard working day, with the evenings at leisure. Cruises were selected based on minimal number, if any, port stops, so complete work days could be maximised.

The big advantage to all those that attended was no one could use the excuse they were unavailable due to overseas travel.. Always get a lot done in those 7 days…

Like flying, cruising can be used for both business and pleasure ….

Sadly, this event has now been suspended to at least 2022 🙁

cwoodward
    Participant

Posborn
    I find this forum invariably welcoming to new posters however your aggressively rude tabloid style would perhaps be better suited to and welcomed by the broader audience of a more public forum. Perhaps something like Skytrax where the broader church of the aggressively ill informed are prone to vent their spleen.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

A useful summary of some of the current research on this from Bloomberg

How Safe Is Flying in the Age of Coronavirus?

(Although as a warning, you might not want to be eating anything by the time you get halfway through the article and it talks of the risks from aircraft bathrooms.)

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1000816][/postquote]

capetonianm I think you will find our friend was not talking about “cruising” in the sense of boats, I think he was trying to say that the subject matter had been hijacked by trolls…. Either that or there are a lot of us rushing around “cruising the internet” which has a totally different meaning …..
    Either way I agree the tone was not called for and there were many great points raised in my temporary absence from the forum!

SimonS1
    Participant

To be honest I’m not aware anyone is forced to participate in or read threads on here. Perhaps this is an opportunity for us to regroup, come together and help our new friend prosborn to return his/her toys to the pram.

simeoncox
    Participant

Any ‘comfort seat’ purchase for me would be the seat behind mine. Hearses for cursers.

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

Euro Weekly News speaks exclusively with Ryanair passenger recently arrived in Malaga from the UK

This is rather worrying if the events were as described. In particular, the crowded airport bus on arrival in Málaga. This is very frequent in Spain and I have at least once refused to board grossly overcrowded buses and got them to send another, and that was many years BC (Before Covid).

SimonS1
    Participant

In reality it will be impossible to enforce social distancing this way. Queues when boarding, use of middle seat, bus transfers to/from the plane.

The realities of maintaining security with people milling around the tarmac trying to stay a meter apart just don’t work.

Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls