Snow news and Good news

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• HypnosisClinic
    Participant

Thank you MartynS.

I’ve been following thread since 2 days, you’ve been stuck for 50 hours there now? I feel bad for you, i hope you can take off soon.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Great news for some lucky passengers like MartynSinclair but many others need more lucks!

May be we should change the title of this thread to “Days of our life in snow-bound Heathrow”!!!!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just landed stateside. Read some of the comments on the Choas thread. I saw no crews working on the south runways whilst i was in the lounge. Word on the street was that BAA did not have the manpower to work on the southern runway. Well to to the PM for threatening the army – great call.

StephenLondon
    Participant

Were there empty seats on your plane? Apparently there are quite a few empty seats since so many people are unable to connect or just not bothering to turn up. I know a few who have bluffed their way to ticket desks, requested standby and managed to get on flights to places like LAX and BGI.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

there were quite a few empty seats in economy. Most flights are having no shows, but this is mainly casued by websites advising pax to go home.

BA did confirm that all passengers can now be rerouted where possible to clear the back log and pax should go to zone A to go on standby lists.The prioirty is to clear the back log which in part can be done by rerouting. Zone A in T5 is the place to head for.

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

Better late than never – UK Airports to be fined for snow delays, hopefully this will focus their minds on investing in appropriate clearing and de-icing equipment and measures for 2012.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/8910691/Fines-threatened-for-snow-chaos.html

The annual bonus for the LHR CEO was greater than the investment in snow equipment at the airport last year. Given the chaos, the guy had the good sense not to take it.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls