Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• Anonymous

BeckyBoop
    Participant

GordyUK and a few others have shared some of their experiences of snorers on another thread.

Come on then you lot share your stories!

Papillion53
    Participant

Oh darling did you have to let this one ROAR it’s ugly head???? πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

As they say on another forum – get the popcorn on! LOL!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Yes ..lol πŸ™‚ xx

still waiting for a reply boys

canucklad
    Participant

I clearly don’t snore, in fact when I sleep the angels sing. !!

Most bizarre is probly my mate Davie. Sharing with my other mate Gordon in La Rochelle ( coupe de monde 98). Clearly frustrated with his room buddy , wee G drags me along to his room in the early hours to let me see what he had to put up with

Walking along the outside corridor I was soon reminded of home. The mighty forests of British Columbia. And the sound of industrious lumberjacks chain sawing their way through the mighty redwoods !

On entering the room the mighty din of the chainsaws are matched by the full bar volume of canalΒ± blaring from the telly. A true cacophony of sound!

As we crept in. Wee G says watch this. With a deft and silent prod of his finger — the off button is dispatched!

Davie , bolts upright quicker than the quickest thing in Quickland and demands that Gordon doesn’t use the en-suite but the public lavs down the crridor! He can’t stand the smell of other peoples poo!!

My mate pretty much had the same nightly ritual for the whole 2 weeks we where in France.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Ladies, believe it or not, not all of us blokes snore. It’s probably got something to do with having a clear conscience….!

[Edited: too much information!]

MartynSinclair
    Participant

there are too many women aeroplanes who snore……………

EDIT EDIT EDIT

there are too many women PASSENGERS ON aeroplanes who snore……………

Papillion53
    Participant

MS @19:38 – did you really mean to write that? πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

EDIT EDIT EDIT

OK thought that’s what you meant – now MS you know full well that we girls do NOT snore, we PURR!!! LOL!

Now as I’ve just edited this, let’s see where this post lands up, in the original place or elsewhere.

RE-EDIT
    Post remained in the same place in the same time line and did not bump the thread up.

Stringfellow
    Participant

I sat behind a real orchestra on a BA flight from New York to London some years ago. Such was the volume crew from economy were coming up into Business to listen to him. I was once again saved by the trusty Bose noise cancelling headphones.

Saffjoyfox3
    Participant

Sometimes the snoring of a passenger can be the source of much amusement – I stress “sometimes” as it’s no joke on a long flight! I was on an internal Indian flight on Jet Airways to Mumbai recently (just under 2 hours) and after the meal service the passenger in front reclined his seat and on the “b” of “bang” volcanic snoring erupted. Quite a sound, I can tell you. everal of us around this passenger just burst out into laughter and even the cabin crew were smiling.

JohnPBurnage
    Participant

Put simply,there are two ways to stop a person snoring.
    Move quietly beside them and clap your hand as loudly as possible next to their ear. Repeat this if the problem continues.The person will be cured by the fifth time.
    If this really fails,squirt the person with cold water each time the snoring starts.
    Please tell me if I am wrong.
    john

IamSpartacus
    Participant

I am informed i snore like a walrus with asthma and am prone to mumbling to myself in my sleep after a few glasses of valpolicella. Said behaviour i am sure annoyed my fellow passengers on a short hop to AMS recently. What they found funny was the sheer terror i experienced, having slept through much of the flight and descent dreaming of my early morning drive to the airport, when we touched down and i sat bolt up-right grabbing at an imaginary steering wheel thinking i had fallen asllep at the wheel and was in the process of ploughing through the central reservation on the M25.
    Panic over and pulse rate down i sheepishly sat back, pulled my eye mask down and tried to hide my public sleep shame while those closest to me took some enjoyment in my rude awakening.

VintageKrug
    Participant

You can have an operation to sort out snoring; well worth it.

http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/snoring_treatment/surgery_for_snoring.php

amelcapastores
    Participant

I only snore when I am tired though I am quite worried about my father since he snores a lot. I remember one time when he snores loudly than normal, my mom slaps him to wake him up. Before, we have watched in the news that snoring is caused by anxiety or too much depression and it can lead to not waking up at all and that’s what worried us.

http://www.flrs.co.uk/Non_Geographic_Numbers.html

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Having read this just before leaving for S. Africa I asked the Stewardess on waking if I snored. She replied I did not, but certain other passengers did. Was she being truthful or diplomatic???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls