Small airlines – flying as it used to be

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Charles-P
    Participant

I now frequently use a small German airline called OLT on a route from Brussels to Bremen. They often use a Fairchild Metroliner on the route and the experience is so much nicer than bigger aircraft.

No door to the cockpit – watch the crew the entire flight

No cabin staff – a wicker basket of sandwiches, fruit, flasks of coffee etc

Personal attention – “Hello Sir saw you this morning, how was your meeting in Bremen”

Best of all just before take off from Bremen, captain waiting at taxi point, leans round to talk to everybody on the plane (about six of us),

“Sorry about this some idiot’s f*cking about and making us all wait, I’ve told him we haven’t got all night”

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Reminds me of Yangon Airways!!!

Binman62
    Participant

And of flying internally in Vanuatu…..where the passengers came on with live stock and I was forced to sit in th cockpit due overbooking!!!!

OzTraveller
    Participant

Also reminds me of the days of the DC3 service of Fiji Airways from Nadi to Suva. Captain came on board and walked up the aisle to the cockpit, saying good morning to the passengers, with a file under his arm entitled “How to Fly a DC3” . Typical Aussie, lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls