SkyLux Travel

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 280 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

Interesting to see thread bumped by another first time poster.

We never heard anything again from AboveTheClouds or Lying-Flat either..

tigerland
    Participant

Simon, Easy to be cynical or you could do one of two things: either show a little faith and take people’s word for it or actually try skylux for yourself. Actually there is a 3rd thing you could do and that is remain cynical. I am a first time poster because I know some people will appreciate the feedback. Prior to booking with skylux I tried to research and find some info on them but I couldn’t and Hence I stumbled across this forum. After I discovered they were actually really good I thought I would let you all know. Don’t really care whether you use them or not. I know I will be using them again.

SimonS1
    Participant

I’m not cynical at all. Often I take peoples’ word for things, however it tends to be the people on here that have been around a bit.

In this case the majority of positive comments are from three posters who have never posted before or since. I am sure you can see the issue here.

Beyond that, for a company that has such good deals there is very little information at all. Even on FlyerTalk, probably the biggest business traveller community, nothing. You would have thought that if they were so good there would be more people talking about them.

However if you had a good experience then I am pleased for you. Maybe you could share some flight reviews or similar so we could find out a bit more.

K1ngston
    Participant

Simon as I stated above I flew LHR-SIN-BNE with SQ having booked with Skylux, they were everything they said they are on the tin, they were quick, cheaper than the rest and the moment they took money from my credit card I was able to go onto the SQ website and book my seats and everything as if I had booked with SQ.

In fact I was told that I could not claim miles and when i arrived at the SQ lounge at T3 the woman insisted and took my details and they have appeared on my account so even more of a bonus.

I have since booked a further trip on the same route this time with Thai through BKK and the same great service all seats confirmed emails from Thai received.

I am not a one off poster you can go back and check I have nothing but good to say about them ….. They will have my business again

tigerland
    Participant

I agree with you not much on them at all which as I mentioned is why I decided to write my post. I’m not much of a poster, blogger or reviewer and only stumbled across this forum when I was googling and trying to find info about skylux prior to my trip. I ended up just taking a chance and I’m glad I did. In some ways and rather selfishly it may be better many people don’t know about them.

bnetravel
    Participant

Hi there I bought 4 Biz class tickets from Skylux back in Feb to travel in end of November, their prices were fantastic and whilst I was hesitant they checkout and my tickets all check out. There services was excellent.

handsomestpeter
    Participant

‘they checkout and my tickets all checkout’??? —‘in end of november’—- ‘THERE services WAS excellent’——- explain please—–in proper English.

SimonS1
    Participant

Well well well.

Another thread bump and another first time poster.

Quelle surprise.

handsomestpeter
    Participant

First time poster but LONG[30 plus years] time reader—–dont understand your point SimonS1?——and thinking about it ,i’m not a first time poster.

malbarda
    Participant

I think that comment was not addressed to you but to bnetravel…

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed it was.

Give it another month and another new poster will be here to tell us how good they are.

AboveTheClouds, Lying-Flat, Tigerland, bnetravel etc etc. All found the time to register, say SkyLux were fantastic but since then….nothing.

tigerland
    Participant

Simon you are a very sad person and if that is not cynicism I don’t know what is.

K1ngston
    Participant

Simon your cynicism knows no bounds, as someone who has contributed on a number of occasions and indeed will continue to contribute I mentioned previously in this thread that I have used SkyLux on a number of occasions and each time they have done what they say, and got me cheap Business Class flights to any destination I have wished to travel too.

I have an up and coming flight back from BNE to LHR via BKK and they even contacted me to confirm that as I was only transiting the upheaval in Thailand will not effect my flights home!

I can only say as I see and three times now they have delivered without hitch.

malbarda
    Participant

K1ngston: your post is one that inspires a little confidence. Can you expand a little on the process?

How does their booking process work?
    Where did the invoice/payment processing come from (i.e. UK, USA)?
    How were the tickets issued to you (electronically, by mail)?
    What class were the tickets booked into (I mean J, Y, etc.)?
    Did you have any flexibility with these tickets in case there were travel plan changes?
    Which airlines have they/you booked on?
    Were your tickets covered under any of the international guarantors like IATA?

I have read their website, and looked up some fictitious trips as I do “want” to believe them. I saw some cheaper fares but mostly on airlines I am not truly interested in using (Air Europa, Icelandair).

I am a frequent flyer, and book my own travel as I am self employed. I like to think I am pretty clever, and after 23 years know the game and the tricks of global air travel so if some web based service comes along that sounds just like all the other “spammy” ads that you see online for cheap tickets pardon my feelings of suspicion.

skywards
    Participant

Malbarda,

I have noticed Newcastle UK to Bangkok with Thai for £1,330 just so happens its the same price as from Heathrow to Bangkok…they are not only giving you a fare nearly half Baht 😉 but chucking a free flight to London in with it as well…how does that work?…also a BA price came up somewhere else..it had the BA sign but had a partner of Skyteam…strange?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 280 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘SkyLux Travel’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls