Sir Bin Yas Island

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

SergeantMajor
    Participant

I’ve just been sitting by the pool, reading Tom Otley’s report of Sir Bani Yas Island. Can’t find a link to it…

Very impressed – knew nothing about this place, and it does sound rather interesting as a diversion on my next trip to that region.

Has anyone been?

http://www.desertislands.com/en/

Where are you SM? You are a total devil 😉 Are you taking precautions against the sun. I am dead jel.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Yes, it’s a great place to go. The drive from Abu Dhabi is an easy three hours, if somewhat boring.

Edited to add, under no circumstances be tempted to stay on the mainland at Jebel Dhanna (which is often offered as an alternative to Sir Bani Yas Island.)

The hotel prices are 1/3 to 1/2 less, but the area has a high density of foreign oil workers and whilst I have nothing against these people, the hotels are not quiet, relaxing, get away resorts, like the Anatura alternatives on the island.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Here’s the link.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/archive/2013/december-2013-january-2014/destinations/back-to-nature

You have to be a subscriber to read it.

Which obviously is an excellent present for oneself for Christmas.

And also makes an ideal present for friends.
    And relatives.
    And potential sales contacts.

Apologies for going off topic SA.

I am presently a print subscriber, which is due to expire next summer. Can I renew my subscription between now and then and be promoted to VIP status?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

If you are a subscriber you are a VIP already.

Let me know if something isn’t working…

Tom

OK Thanks Tom.

I don’t have access to the archives, but it can wait until the New Year.

Best regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls