Singapore Spring Sale.

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

BigDog.
    Participant

Experience luxurious peregrination with Singapore Airlines, at great prices….

Business Class Deals: Book by 20th MAY 2013

Singapore from £1,960
    Hanoi / Ho Chi Minh City from £2,020
    Bangkok / Phuket from £2,025
    Bali / Jakarta / Manila from £2,030
    Perth / Melbourne from £3,150
    Adelaide / Darwin from £3,155
    Sydney / Brisbane from £3,165
    Auckland / Christchurch from £3,460

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/en_UK/promotions/ukbbpromoapr13.jsp

VintageKrug
    Participant

Are these actually sale fares?

You can fly to Bangkok from London, without having to connect in SIN, for just £1878 on BA, saving £150:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/low-price-finder/public/en_gb

SYD looks like a bargain, though.

cityprofessional
    Participant

@BigDog, thanks for pointing these out. They’re great value!

@VK. Clever you for choosing the one destination where BA is cheaper by a whopping £150. Shame BA is £1,300 more expensive to SIN, eh? You don’t even have to sit backwards or step over anybody to get to the aisle, and there’s no problem having cheese AND dessert. Shocker.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Not especially clever; these are Singapore’s Sale fares to their own hub – I’d expect them to be very competitive, and surprised if they weren’t.

BA offered SIN for £2,188 in the recent sale, £228 more than Singapore Airlines is offering in its sale. And SYD is guaranteed on the new 777-300ER with BA.

BA offered a sale fare to SYD for £3,188 vs. Singapore’s £3,165, so broadly similar.

Bangkok is particularly attractive on BA as not only is it currently less expensive, even when there isn’t a BA Sale on, but it’s direct whereas on Singapore Airlines a connection is required, adding extra hours to an already lengthy journey.

Senator
    Participant

It would be such a pleasure if just once a thread would NOT turn into a comparison between BA and someone else. Keep this as informational about Singapore Airlines fares and nothing else. There are endless possibilities to counter the SQ (and BA) fares with examples on TK, EK, QR and you name it but I will not bother.

When it comes to pricing, SQ has a brand that allows them to price higher simply because their value proposition is perceived to offer exceptional value. These are quite decent fares on SQ and fares I would gladly pay to sample their latest offerings. So thanks for sharing these.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“It would be such a pleasure if just once a thread would NOT turn into a comparison between BA and someone else”

+1

On the thread I started about ‘do we need another fora’ someone suggested that it would be good to create a forum where people could ‘puff’ products to their heart’s content and others could choose to read it (or not.)

“SQ has a brand that allows them to price higher simply because their value proposition is perceived to offer exceptional value”

Exactly. In the same way that a BMW commands a premium over a Ford, although the Ford is a functional vehicle.

At the risk of thread drift (apologies in advance) a client in the USA informs me that Ford is not the name of the founder of the famous motor company, but an acronym for “Found On Road, Dead.”

MarcusUK
    Participant

And of course from Amsterdam you can deduct another £2-500 off the LHR fares.

I booked 2 KLM Business returns to BKK 6 weeks ago to fly in May, for £1350 each return. KLM had a worldwide -30% off sale, so most world destinations were around E 2,000. BKK was listed as just over
    E 1,500! Bangkok has always been the cheapest gateway into The Far East, and flights inter Asia now are much less than they used to be, often for £50 on low cost -£100 . I found MH having very low fares for £43 inclusive KUL-BKK, and many cities or islands where Air Asia compete with them..

Etihad starting from Amsterdam in May, , have the same fares, and are £500 cheaper fthan LHR. They are not using the 777’s either but the A332’s

The fares mentioned above are not really much of a bargain compared to flying out of an EU gateway these days. However, SQ are clearly amongst one of the best Airlines out there, but these days i also consider the Aircraft more.

But MH, SQ, EK, EY KLM, CX TG are always excellent.
    The A380 is certainly a priority for me…

BigDog.
    Participant

As gratuitous bumping now appears the norm, a timely polite reminder that to experience luxurious peregrination which defines Singapore Airlines, at an excellent price, their offer is open for only 10 further days.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls