Singapore security is pants

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

thebeardedone
    Participant

We’ve just landed at Singapore airport, which requires you to put your bags through another security check as soon as you get off the plane. Normal drill – hand luggage goes through an X-ray machine, whilst you go through the metal detector.

I was delighted to find however that it wasn’t that simple for everyone: my wife and I minding our own business happened to turn around to the queue next to us, only to find a man in his early sixties about to go through the metal detector, wearing nothing but a pair of baggy red Y-fronts!

viking01
    Participant

Perhaps that was all he had to wear. Might be his preferred “flying gear”.
    Sounds comfortable, and if the flight isn’t full, any passengers in neighbouring seats would be sure to vacate them after take off.
    If not before.

NTarrant
    Participant

Sounds like this guy was “flying by the seat of his pants” then!!

watersz
    Participant

Are you sure it wasn’t superman?
    he likes to show eveyone his undies

MarcusUK
    Participant

If he was well endowed, would they have been W pants? or J pants?

Shame i missed that, i was leaving Singapore saturday to fly TO LHR!

Hess963
    Participant

Hey Blokes !!

Let the poor man feels comfortable for his flight–who knows a long haul flight could be very tiring and sweating experience !

Comfort pants for everyone and peace to all !!

Inquisitive
    Participant

I believe we have to take this story with a pinch (handful?) of salt. Anyone knows Singapore, will be happy to note that, if someone walks like that in Singapore (especially at Changi), he will be quickly put behind bar and clothed and fined.

drefanhk
    Participant

couldn’t agree with you more as S’pore government insists that you must not bare your body in front of the public!
    I went through pre check-in security for my early morning UA flight to HK at Changi recently, the security man suddenly pointed at a man waiting to go through pre check-in security and asked me if that man was my brother.
    my immediate response was ‘why should he be my brother?’
    the response from this poker face security person was ‘this is a security question and you must give answer’
    so in the name of security, one has to endure this kind of harrassement?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls