Singapore Changai Transit=Have I messed Up?

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Mark
    Participant

After booking a cool oneway Biz class tkt to SIN and a seperate tkt from SIN to KUL. Have I messed up and caused myself issues with this transfer airside as I cannot go landslide to checkin at Changi airport.
    Will I be allowed to use online checkin and pass thru SIN transit without any issue.?
    Any help or advice would be greatly received.

drykl
    Participant

It’s hard to to reply accurately without knowing which airline you are coming in in from, and which airline you are are connecting to. Also, do you have checkin luggage and and will you need a visa or full vaccination to enter Singapore landside?
    You could pick up a boarding pass at the transfer counter, or if on Singapore Airlines, we were able to to use the mobile boarding pass to KUL (but not other destinations as Martyn S has indicated).

Mark
    Participant

Flying in on Saudia from Jeddah and out on MH to Kula lumpur.
    Two separate itenarys.
    I cannt land myself into SIN as an unvaxed traveller to re-checkin in should that be the case.

Only need SIN as an airside transit to KUL.
    Hand luggage only as always.
    Maybe I need to buy a single SQ tkt to KUL instead of MH?

Thankyou for your reply.

Sunny
    Participant

I think you should ask Saudia asap.
    At the end, it’s Saudia to decide whether they’ll let you get on the flight to Singapore.
    Finger crossed for you.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I think it all depends on whether you can access the transit desk in Singapore on arrival.

If you can great,if you are forced to “land” you may have a problem.

I think, but cannot be certain that 3 weeks ago on arrival I did have access to transit even though I was landing to stay in SIN for a couple of nights.

Good luck,hope it works out..

2 users thanked author for this post.

drykl
    Participant

The SQ app displayed “No Document Check required” and allowed mobile boarding pass to KUL from 48 hrs check in beforehand. Be aware that we have Malaysia or Singapore passports so it might be easier.
    However, it didn’t allow mobile boarding pass for other sectors such as KUL-SIN, or SIN-FRA. We had to have document checks physically.

I haven’t done MH since Dec 2019 but I used to print the PDF from their online check-in. You could try as a first option, and failing that you can go to transfer counter in Changi to have it issued on paper.

Or buy a fully flexible seat on SQ and only use it if all else fails.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mark
    Participant

Many thanks for your replies.
    Hopefully SAUDIA will know the rules! AS it will be a handling agent I may be scuppered.
    Have found a few details on the Malaysia government website.
    If a No go,It’s back Down to Rhodes island and chalk it up to doing my homework better.

drykl
    Participant

No checks in KUL on arrival, no need for app or tests. Everyone breezed through irrespective of vaccine status. That’s probably why SQ allows mobile boarding pass on that sector.

The problem lies with handling agents. We had a lot of bother MUC-SIN with overzealous Germans at the departure gate being unable to understand that Singapore passport holders don’t need the copious declarations and certificates to enter their own country.

GuyBetsy
    Participant

If you’re only taking hand luggage, it’s not a problem to transit in Singapore connecting from SV to MH. If you do have luggage,SV should be able to check thru as they’re a partner with MH, though not of the same alliance. You can do online check in on MH. Even if you can’t, you just go to the MH transfer desk at Changi Airport airside.

Mark
    Participant

Many thanks
    That’s Very encouraging 👍

Mark
    Participant

There are still some awesome J class fares from Athens.
    Even lower than the £700 I paid.

£560.00
    *booked into C class

Mark
    Participant

Received a very quick reply from Athens airport and contact details for handling agents/station manager email at ATH.
    Have emailed twice and no reply from this indivual sadly.
    Will call this week as a last chance option.

drykl
    Participant

There’s no issues going to KUL, even the mask mandate has been removed, and any traveller can enter without any COVID paperwork or checks.

I am pretty optimistic of your chances, so long as you don’t have to go landside in Changi.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls