Singapore Airlines – Service & Amenity Kit

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• w8ster
    Participant

So, this week I came across something about special edition amenity kit for SIA Premium Economy. I am a little confused, are they introducing the kit back in all premium products or just premium economy?

I stopped flying SIA for many years for various reasons (pricing in business class, on and off the plane services were huge part of it). In the last year due to my relocation, I thought I’d give them a another chance given the timing works great from my new location. I was pleasantly surprised in few aspects where by the service whilst still far from amazing was significantly better than before and was obvious they worked on it.

However, the first time I walked to my seat after many years, I was surprised to see the eye mask, socks just laying on my seat. thought it was a mistake. I subsequently googled it and realised they had removed the kit (which I usually like collecting and use them or give them to friends when I have too many). I understand the reason they removed it but still does affect how I see their product as a premium airline.

So are they or are they not bring this back for Business and First?

_glbetrkkr_
    Participant

I believe amenity kits currently live in FC, including pajamas. As far as J, I think it’s status quo with the basics supplied, but not an actual pouch. Though, back in 2017, the airline introduced laundry products such as a fabric freshener, wrinkle remover and spot treater (all available in separate spray bottles). I’m flying SQ1 in a few weeks and can report if it’s actually live or not.

As far as the actual kit, I hear you and that it’s disappointing not to receive one. Though, I think it’s great of the airline because, often, not all of the products get used in the amenity kit (not to mention all of that plastic in tiny packaging). I create my own amenity kit because I’m quite partial to my own facial products (like a spray bottle full of green tea toner – does wonders mid-flight!). I also use argan oil instead of lotion because I find it hydrates much more. I take out my reliable e-toothbrush instead of unpacking the one in the amenity kit.

Funnily enough, I still use my China Eastern F pouch (made by Salvatore Ferragamo) since it fits all of the products I need.

Inquisitive
    Participant

Eye mask and socks were never taken out in SQ, even in economy class.

In business class, SQ used to have nice wash bag with small portions of cream etc., that was stopped some years ago and these are now available in the toilet. In addition nice sleepers are provided in business class.

Pies1311
    Participant

I have not noticed any change in Biz class. They hand out slippers, socks and eyecover after take off. There are other amenities in the bathroom, incl toothbrush, combs, shavers, moisturizing cream etc. Everytime I have flown never been an occasion where any of these have run out.
    Obviously compared to other biz class e.g Qatar, Qantas where PJs are even provided this is something the SQ lack but to be honest its never really bothered me, but for someone who is travelling in biz first time or as a special treat etc I can see the issue.

w8ster
    Participant

Yes, I find the best amenity kit that suits my needs are from Cathay Pacific Bz so I would always take them with me as spares (rather large collection now) or give them away to friends. They offer Aesop kit in first which I find less functional than the Bz designed by Seventy Eight Percent. As I said, I understood why they did it but it does make it less premium to me.

w8ster
    Participant

My point was never that any of the items you mentioned were not there, rather more the fact that their products come across much less premium for supposedly premium class even as a regular biz traveller. Like you I find the PJ thing not for me. I change into something comfortable at departure lounge and into business attire if needed at arrival lounge. The thought of changing in the tiny toilet on air doesn’t appeal to me at all.
    [quote quote=928636]I have not noticed any change in Biz class. They hand out slippers, socks and eyecover after take off. There are other amenities in the bathroom, incl toothbrush, combs, shavers, moisturizing cream etc. Everytime I have flown never been an occasion where any of these have run out.

Obviously compared to other biz class e.g Qatar, Qantas where PJs are even provided this is something the SQ lack but to be honest its never really bothered me, but for someone who is travelling in biz first time or as a special treat etc I can see the issue.[/quote]

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I recently flew BA Club to the US. When disembarking I counted no less than 15 abandoned amenity kits, some opened, others not. These can’t be re-used. Does anyone know what BA does with them?

So SQ’s approach of providing amenities on a needs basis makes sense to me. That way I can take what I need in the quantity I need. And I also don’t have to fit in another amenity pack into my hand luggage or leave it behind to be binned.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls