Singapore airlines not allowing biz/ first mileage booking with partners FFP

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Biztraveller74
    Participant

Hi,
    Neither Virgin club, Aeroplan nor M&M allow booking on SQ in Biz/ First for long haul journeys departing Europe.
    Do you know how long this would be going on?

Pierre
    Participant

Hi Rachid,

I have a FF card issued by Lufthansa, which makes travels against miles easy with LH,OS,Swiss.
    What regards other airlines belonging to StarAlliance, there is an unsaid but clear policy not to accept passengers not holding SQ,NH FF card. I experienced it some time ago and gave up.(NH was playing deaf, I paid for my tickets and it solved my issue) .
    It seems nothing is planned to ease it somehow, as airlines have no interest at all, in moving it.
    It is unfair to passengers heavily paying these ‘free miles’ and to whom are sold ‘Alliances’ or ‘Teams’, when in fact these are just economical games. Good luck! keep us posted with the follow up!

ZKSmith
    Participant

This has been going on since the introduction of the new business and first class seats and suites were introduced on their 777-300ER, A340, and A380 aircraft. It is the same with all frequent flier programmes I am aware of, apart from KrisFlyer (SQ’s FFP).
    Mileage upgrades to business are usually available on their A330 and B777 aircraft with their medium haul seats (both old and new versions).

slotski
    Participant

I really struggled to get a Biz SIA redemption with Bmi DC, but a couple of months ago was surprised to be offered 2 x rtn to Singapore in Biz on the A380. It is over this Xmas period, cost me 240,000 miles and just under £500 each for taxes, etc

Biztraveller74
    Participant

Slotski,
    Thanks for this info. Unfortunately, DC is gone!

MarcusUK
    Participant

Anticipating the demise of BMI, I also used all remaining miles and called DC, and found an A380 flight from Singapore to Sydney to travel Feb 12 for two!
    VS have had these restrictions for some time, surprising when SQ are their main partner in the FFP’s, but perhaps someone from BT could ask The VS Flying Club why this continues?
    Singapore has increased many of its flights to A380’s now especially on the SIN- LHR / Sydney routes, so there are few or no other aircraft, & less seats anyhow.

Any Info BT?

Biztraveller74
    Participant

Hi BT,
    Any chance you can enquire with Singapore Airlines to find out how long the lock on redeeming Biz ticket with partner airlines FFP such as M&M, Aeroplan or Flying Club. I tried them all, none allows business booking on SQ until further notice.

Thanks

r ryan
    Participant

SQ so live in a world of their own, that frankly is becoming more disconnected from reality on a daily basis. They are a partner in Virgin’s Velocity program, but have their own redemption rules and rates. For instance, Sydney to UK or Switzerland on Virgin Atlantic or Etihad is 250,000 points return in Business, and 375,000 points in First (Etihad)
    For SQ business, exact same routes, is a staggering 600,000 points business and 800,000 in First!!! (Check it out on VirginAustralia Velocity pages) You could travel Thai and Swiss/Lufthansa First for less than SQ business. Outrageous, and not exactly an attractive offer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls