Singapore Airlines Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

EugeneChan
    Participant

I haven’t been on Singapore Airlines Business Class in a few years. Before I book anything, I was interested in knowing what its new retrofit Business Class seats on the 777-300 and A330-300 are like, as well as the SilverKris Lounge in Terminal 3. Also, just out of curiosity, does anyone know whether Singapore Airlines has changed their priority baggage tags since 2006?

DanDare1975
    Participant

Not sure about the baggage tags but I can tell you a bit about the seats and lounges having flown in their business class a few times lately. I have been flying between London and Singapore and also between Singapore and Australia. The London-Singapore flights on 777-300ERs and A380s use their larger business class seat which I think is a bit disappointing as a seat, because it doesn’t offer the level of adjustment to get you comfortable while sitting that some of the competition do. What it does offer however is a lot of space and privacy compared to other business class seats, and a nice big IFE screen. As a bed however, it is the best I have used being fully flat and very roomy. The flights between Singapore and Australia on A330-300s use what Singapore airlines call their ‘medium haul’ business class seat which is smaller. It is more comfortable as a seat as it has much more adjustment and a better shape but it is a lot less comfortable as a bed, being one of those so-called ‘flat beds’ that folds flat but at an angle. This means when you fold it flat and try to sleep you sometimes start sliding down the seat, which I find annoying and I’ve often struggled to get any sleep on them. Qantas use something very similar on their A330s. I’ve found the SilverKris Lounges in Singapore, Brisbane and Sydney to be excellent in terms of space, food and drinks, up there with the best really. However I could not say the same about the lounge at Heathrow. It’s tiny and the food and drink offerings are nowhere near as good as in their other lounges.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls