Singapore Airlines Baggage Delayed lead to disruptive future

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

mitsui7
    Participant

Dear Business Asia Traveller,

I recently flew from Jakarta to San Francisco using Singapore Airlines (SQ) on January 3, 2011 using SQ Raffles Class and Elite Silver (7000 more points to be back at elite gold). I choose SQ 959 from Jakarta to Singapore arriving at 16:50 and continue to San Francisco using SQ2 departing at 17:50 (therefore 1 hour transit in Changi airport). The SQ ground staff in Jakarta and Singapore continue to reassure me that my bag will make it to San Francisco. At San Francisco airport, I was waiting for 30 minutes for my bag at the carousel while other passengers leaving one by one until about 10 passengers left. Only then SQ ground staff contacted me saying that my bag is still in Changi Airport and it did not make it to SQ2 flight even with 1 hour transit time. After flying nearly 24 hours, I cannot do much except to clear custom and leave the airport with nothing except clothes that I worn from Jakarta. I spoke to the ground staff that the next day is a very important day for me and in my luggage is my suit. I have to attend an interview meeting at 8am on January 4, 2011. I have no personal amenities, no new clothes to wear to sleep, no new clothes to wear for tomorrow’s important meeting. In response, the SQ ground staff told me that the bag will be deliver before 6pm on January 4, 2011. That is well beyond the 8am meeting that i need my suit and luggage. Surprisingly the SQ ground staff told me to call Singapore Airlines office in Singapore to report this matter. I called them and their response was just “we cannot do anything other than locate your bag”. There were no stores in San Francisco at 9pm that sell suits, I have no choice but to try to postpone the meeting. Sadly, I could not postpone the meeting. I went to the meeting, right before I open the meeting room’s door, I was told to not attend the meeting and leave the premises as I am not following appropriate “dress code”. Not only I experienced a delayed in my luggage in which SQ ground staff kept saying “your luggage will make it do not worry” but I have to loose my job interview meeting. This has been the worst week ever in my life. I contacted the Krisflyer and Singapore Airlines through phone and e-mail but was told “we will get back to you shortly”. Thank you Singapore Airlines for disrupting my future job.

Yours sincerely,
    Eric

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls