Singapore Airlines B777-200 (Config.1) Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Check in was deserted though took some time due to a messed up booking which deserves its own whole page.

The Silver Kris lounge in Changi was disappointing given the general high reputation of SQ. Dingy, monolithic and busy. The food and drink were pretty good however; self-pour Champagne and a sushi bar were my favourites.

Being bored with the lounge I boarded early. This flight to Bangkok was during the terrible floods so the plane was very quiet; only 3 out of 26 biz class seats were taken.

After boarding we were offered a choice of drinks (not just the usual Champagne, OJ or water) and I was showered with newspapers and magazines.

The cabin on this 777 looked a little old fashioned but was clean and well maintained. With 7 seats across and a huge seat pitch it was almost incomparable with the stingy offering we would see for a flight of this duration in Europe. Comfortable cradle seats offered arm-rest videos with noise cancelling headphones and we were offered socks and eye shades.

After take-off we had drinks then the meal (some airlines on a sector of this length are getting into a nasty habit of doing it the other way round). I had “booked the cook” and thoroughly enjoyed my Thai green fish curry plus starter and dessert. The crew were incredibly attentive though admittedly there were very few of us to look after.

We landed into Bangkok on time; this was a through flight so I can’t comment on the baggage.

A very impressive flight with what I would call long-haul hospitality on short haul duration.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls