Singapore Airlines A380 (Config 2) Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

This was a connecting flight so I cannot comment on the check-in process at ZRH.

SQ use the Swiss lounge in ZRH which is quite nice, though the food selection was poor. It has “the longest serviced lounge bar in the world” at one level which is quite impressive though it was rather quiet at 10:00 on a Saturday morning!

I boarded near the end, though not late, and despite the flight being almost full I strolled on as if I were the only passenger.

First impressions of the A380 are fabulous, though novices like me should note that the seat rows are displayed on LEDs on the seats themselves; I spent ages stumbling around gazing at the overhead lockers in vain.

I was offered the usual champagne, orange juice or water and we pushed back about 10 minutes late.

The seats are huge and upholstered in soft leather. They combine a sense of space and of privacy. Some have argued that they are too big but a leather bolster is provided to support you plus a large cushion. As a seat the only criticism I would offer is that the leg rest (which is not a component of the bed) is a little inadequate.

After take off drink orders were taken on the ground so appeared swiftly.The food was excellent as were the wines and the service was very attentive though when their routine is interrupted (they ran out of one wine) things do seem to fall apart.

I tried the “on-board business software” which allows the passenger to bring his own data on a USB stick and, presumably if you also bring a keyboard, I think it can allow you to update documents. In fact in my case I brought music and pictures and it hung after about 15 seconds browsing. Lucky I was on holiday and didn’t have to process the spreadsheet upon which my job depended! My IFE also froze totally in the morning. I reported this so that it wouldn’t do the same for the next passenger, though I had lost interest, and the crew did seem genuinely concerned.

With a little help from the stewardess the seat was turned into a bed. I was concerned that perhaps I would be conscious of sleeping in a Z bend but that wasn’t true, and this is where all that width comes into play. If you want to curl up then you can, which is not possible in many “coffin” offerings today.

I left my Do Not Disturb light on but awoke before the service started. You have a choice of a full breakfast at Landing-2:30 or continental at Landing-1:30. I was surprised to see the service being started at Landing-3:00 and all lights on full which would have annoyed me if I was asleep.

We landed into Changi on-time and the bags came off swiftly. I think my biggest criticism of SQ would be the lack of an arrival lounge.

Overall a superb flight. Note that LHR-SIN on a codeshare of Swiss via ZRH is about the half the price of the direct flight.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls