Singapore Airlines A380 (Config 1) Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

TS-Andy
    Participant

I recently flew SQ 825 from PVG to SIN with schedule departure at 0010.
    Check-in
    Arrived at T2 slightly after 2030 to find the check-in counters not open yet. I realized there was a notice stating that check-in will be open from 2110 onwards. Counter staff come in after a while to make preparations for opening of check-in counters. I went to into queue line as the first person on the queue. While waiting for the counter to be ready, I noticed that the carpets were old and in need of replacement. When counter was ready, check-in was straight forward. I noticed the counter staff put a first class tag on my luggage though I don’t qualify for one.( I am not an elite member of SIA’s FFP ) Nice touch anyway!
    Headed for the immigration and security clearance which didn’t take too long. For fast track security clearance there is a lane stated as for first class passengers only. In any case, I took the fast track lane without problems.
    Lounge
    Lounge assigned to was operated by Shanghai Airlines located at the mezzanine floor near gate 77 (turn right after security clearance. First class and business class passengers are separated. For business class section, It was filled to roughly about 80% of its seating capacity.
    There was a fairly good selection of non-alcoholic beverages to choose from. For Alcoholic beverages, it was just one type of red wine and one type of white wine. Both were of local Chinese brand (labelled as “Imperial”). I don’t remember seeing other alcoholic beverages other than beers.
    Hot meals in miniature buffet style were available. A quick glance on what was available on the buffet spread, I decided take my supper on board instead. I help myself with red white but after tasting , I went for Japanese beer instead.
    I did not see a good selection of papers and magazine there and I suppose by night fall, most papers and magazines would have been gone.
    No boarding announcement for this lounge. I headed for the boarding gate No. 75 upon hearing the airport’s announcement for boarding.
    Boarding
    Boarding already started when I reached there. There was no queue in the business class lane as I was probably one of the last few passengers to board. On reaching the plane entrance, I received perfunctory welcome by a crew member ( a gentleman) who pointed to me a general direction to my seat. I got to my seat and had to wait for a minute or so before my jacket taken. Nothing unusual on welcome drinks. I ask for bedroom slippers and got a reply that they only issue socks. I personally would prefer slippers to walk around then to walk around with socks.

Seating configuration
    Seating arrangement is 1-2-1 for the business class cabin which would be a plus point for those travelling alone. I have chosen my seat (14 A) long before my flight.
    Take off
    Take off was delayed for about 45 minutes as we heard announcements that they were trying to verify whether a particular passenger was on board.
    Flight
    After taking off , I opted noodles for supper which taste good. I soon settled into sleep after my seat was converted into a bed by a crew member. I must add that this was the most comfortable bed I had slept on board. I woke up only after hearing landing announcements. Did some wash up before landing.
    Landing
    We landed around 0540.
    Overall service level
    Not impressed

nmh1204
    Participant

You said that you’re not impressed with the service level, but you didn’t mention the service or the food onboard in the trip report

TS-Andy
    Participant

I mentioned about the perfunctory “welcome” and the noodles which I commented was good. Overall service generally perfunctory.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls