Singapore Airlines A330-300

Back to Forum

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  business traveller 22 Feb 2016
at 16:00

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

I arrived at Changi International Airport, terminal 3 at 0540 hours for my flight due to depart at 0805 hours for CAN. There was hardly any queue at the check-in counters serving business class passengers. I cleared immigration through the use of one of the automated immigration clearance gates.

After immigration, I went for some duty free shopping and headed for the lounge which is some distance to the left after immigration. Lounge is on the mezzanine floor assessable by escalators

The lounge

Ambience looked pleasant
    F&B fairly good
    Fairly wide range of magazines and papers
    Wash room with showers facilities and equipped with amenities

Dislike
    Lightning for the lounge chairs are too dim for reading with the exception of one small area flanked both sides by illuminated magazines display racks.
    Lack of power socket outlets for charging devices
    “Business Traveller” magazines could not be found.

When it was about time to board I walked to gate B8 which was quite a distance. Before boarding, there was a security screening to go through. But then most passengers had boarded. I don’t see any crew member at the plane entrance to welcome me on board. I can only guess that I don’t deserve any form of welcome due to my late boarding.
    I headed for my selected seat 15F which is the center row right to avoid the “stepping over” concerns in 2-2-2 seating configuration. The seats are yet to be upgraded to “New Business Class” seats. Again, cabin crew doesn’t think I deserve a welcome drink and hence I don’t border to ask for one. A stewardess then brought some newspapers for my selection. I take this opportunity to request for a copy of “Business Traveller” was glad that it was available on board. The stewardess went one extra mile to get other travelling magazines which she thought I may be interested. I appreciated her effort and thanked her. I was happy with a good selection of papers and magazines on board.
    I had pre-selected my breakfast and hence taking meal orders does not apply to me but FA did casually remind me of what my pre-selected was. Nice touch! Pre-selection of meals also known as “Book the Cook” are available on certain sectors. Breakfast selection for this sector includes Grilled Angus Beef Burger, Poached Egg Served with Hollandaise Sauce, Fish Porridge, Flat rice noodles and fish balls in chicken broth.

Pushed back commenced around 0810 hours and soon we were airborne.
    To save time pondering over which movie to watch when on board, I almost always do is to check the new movies releases published in the website of SQ and sort of “pre-select” the movie that I wanted to watch. I have no problems with the IFE controls compared to their upgraded IFE system in SQ’s “New Business Class”
    After the seat-belt signs were off, I asked for red wine and warm nuts which were gladly given. A while later breakfast was served.
    Saved for the unwelcome part, I had a pleasant fight which arrived punctually.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user TS-Andy can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BTUK October 2018 issue
BTUK October 2018 issue
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls